Chapter 16: King of Wanderers (6)

Crap! Crap! Crap! My footfalls upon the subway station ricocheted off of the walls in the empty space as panic gave me the strength to run forward.

I had not predicted that in this way I would return to the scenario, even if I had a premonition that I could affect the objects around Indegwon's representative.

Running forward, the sounds of people could be heard as they also rushed in my direction.

It seemed the squad had succeeded in subduing the station easily, and were now investigating the new scenario that had popped up. And since I was a shining target due to the scenario, they were advancing toward me.

[0:21]

For goodness sake, I had only taken the flag for twenty-or-so seconds and I felt like it was already the end.

Youngkik giggled beside me at my running figure.

"Shut up Youngkik, you're not helping!" I snarled in agitation, my mind trying to run through possible ways to get through my predicament.

Give up the flag? I didn't know if I would be able to get it again if that happened.

Buy an item from the Dokkaebi bag? But then, what would I buy?

Invest in my stats? Was this a good decision for the future?

Is this already a checkmate?

Cold sweat gathered on my palms and forehead.

Calm down, think of a way to solve this situation.

But before I could come up with any ways, Han Ryuyang had already caught up with me, and the people up ahead had already blocked off the path.

"Quick! Grab her, she came out of nowhere, killed our people and snatched the flag!" Han Ryuyang shouted, not pausing as she resumed her 'Han Ryuyang' persona.

The only reason I was able to outrun Han Ryuyang was because my agility stat appeared to be slightly higher, but she still had a larger advantage, in the form of trust.

"This brat?!"

"She killed-"

"AHHHH!"

The enraged roars came from the group members, their eyes and body language now reflecting mania at hearing the words Han Ryuyang said.

In our close-knit community that I found hard to believe existed, the death of another made us feel grief.

I could understand their rage, but I didn't have the luxury to sympathize now that I was the target.

Darn it.

Even if I gave up the flag now, no one would pay it any attention, and instead try to kill me instead.

Although I didn't want to spend any of my coins at this time, it seemed I didn't have any choice. I had no clue whether this choice would ruin my chances in the future, but being dead meant there would be no chances.

Invest in agility.

[Agility lv 7 --> Agility lv. 20]

[You can move more agilely than before.]

[3 900 coins have been consumed.]

I felt completely different. How could I describe it? It felt like I had suddenly developed a bird's bone structure and could take off into the sky.

If that was the case, I could do this.

I breathed in, and my foot lightly tapped against the ground.

I flew straight past the blockade of people as they failed to hit me due to the difference in agility.