Chapter 26: Spokesperson (6)

Can I do this?

But even as I thought this, I showed no hesitation to raise my dagger in a ready stance, drinking a stamina potion as Jung Youngho approached slowly.

My eyes trained upon each and every move Jung Youngho would offer.

I tapped on the string still connected between me and the four others.

You're on your own now. Don't get involved, and prepare for sneak attacks.

With that, I recalled the string attached to them back into my possession and rushed forward to put distance between us, so they wouldn't be caught up in the fight.

"Come!" Jung Youngho laughed uproariously, and as he spread his hands, his feet shifted.

[Exclusive skill, Sky Steps lv. 2 has been activated.]

In a manner of hopping from cloud to cloud, free in the sky, a sword appeared in his hand.

[Exclusive skill, Weapons Training lv. 3, has been activated.]

Jung Youngho slashed out, each arc infused with an intent to kill.

All he said was bogus when he wanted to 'accept me' into his kingdom.

Forcing my body to brake abruptly with my high stats, I swerved narrowly out of the way, my dagger in my own hand ready to stab as I approached him in a flash.

A sword was longer than a dagger, an obvious fact. And that also led to the fact that the reach was different, so this was my optimal distance, but not for a sword.

Before I could follow through with the blow, Jung Youngho's hand shot out to grab my wrist.

Abandoning my attack, I fell back.

What was frustrating was that my dagger required close-combat to be effective, and Jung Youngho possessed a grappling skill more advanced than Mrs. Wang's.

But I didn't have time to come up with a plan to counter Jung Youngho's skills, for Jung Youngho quickly pulled out a long halberd from a space, and thrust it forward in a pierce.

What the-

Pulling up my dagger, I shifted as best as I could and parried the blow by rotating it outwards as best I could.

My dagger chipped even further.

I had yet to find something to replace it, especially since the ones in the Dokkaebi shop were too expensive.

It would probably not be able to hold on for long.

[Exclusive skill, Sky Steps lv. 2 has been activated.]

Using footwork that bridged the gap of our agility stat, Jung Youngho appeared behind me, and the halberd swept out.

I ducked low, and explosively leapt forward.

In the moment he was still holding onto the halberd, I pushed forward with my dagger for a slash.

[Item, protective ring, has activated. Your attack has been nullified.]

Like I was cutting through water, my dagger slid off of Jung Youngho harmlessly.

Grinning, Jung Youngho's sword came back out and came down on my dagger I hastily put up to block.

ding!

The sound of contact rang out, and a crack appeared on my dagger.

[Item, Soul Piercing Halberd's special effect has activated! Your dagger has received a critical blow.]