Chapter 44: Jade Crown of Silla (5)

[Lily blooming in Aquarius is wondering what stunt you are trying to pull.]

"First apostle?" Cha Sangkyung was taken aback.

My mind blanked.

"Yes."

From beside me, Jung Youngho glanced at me, but I didn't turn to take in his expression.

Instead, from that split-second instance, Jung Youngho began his improvising performance.

"Whatcha looking at? Still not paying respects to first apostle-nim?" Jung Youngho slammed his spear into the ground aggressively and gave an irritating sneer that evoked the urge to give him a punch.

Cocking his brow, Jung Youngho then stated,

"She knows all the information in the world! Yes, might I say she is 'omniscient'. You must have heard of the first apostle-nim's fame and came to pay respects, right?"

"I still don't know who this mongrel is!" Gu Daesung exclaimed.

However, Cha Sangkyung suddenly raised his arm holding a staff in his hand to block off Gu Daesung, beads of sweat suddenly appearing on his face.

"Earth dragon king, back down. This foe is one I cannot read...caution is advised."

Cha Sangkyung possessed the [Law of Interest] stigma, which judged people using words such as 'foe' or 'demonic enemy'.

I was a little curious how Cha Sangkyung saw me, though this wasn't the time to focus on that train of thought.

I opened my lips.

"You are wise to say that, Cha Sangkyung, the Maitreyan king." As I spoke, my eyes spun around to quickly gauge how many people surrounded us.

The hand beneath the cloak gripped my pant leg in increasing anxiety.

"So what business do you have with us, self-proclaimed first apostle?" Cha Sangkyung kept his eyes trained on me.

I closed my eyes, trying to still my heart and think of the person I was portraying.

What would that person say? Perhaps I was always good at imagining scenarios in my head, but I was never good at improvisation.

Let's step into another's life.

I started to make things up.

"There are a series of prophets that know the future. Secret props, scenarios, the dokkaebi...we know it all. This is because we have read the 'Divine Revelation'." A grandiose feeling began to permeate my words.

"There are many of us, spread wide and far. The prophets who know most of the future are dubbed 'apostles', and I am the first."

"I know many things about the scenarios, and of the future. You, Matrieya King, for one, will meet a 'demonic enemy' that should not be touched according to your stigma, 'law of interest'. As for you, Earth Dragon King, you will unfortunately be struck down by the 'supreme king' after being used as a shield." I spoke about these things with a straight face.

In return, Gu Daesung gripped the Halberd in his hand tighter, considering whether to or not to lop off my head at my disrespectful comments.

Cha Sangkyung's face darkened.

I wanted to try provoking them a little more.

"Honestly, you lot should be grateful I'm sharing this information free of charge. It may come in handy in changing your future." I raised my hands in a shrug.

Gu Daesung was starting to shake in anger, and Cha Sangkyung was now struggling to keep it in. I was saying this all in informal language, after all.

Still, did Gu Daesung originally have this kind of temperament?