Chapter 27: Spokesperson (7)

When I came to, it was dark. There was something hanging overhead that blocked any light peeking through, and there was even a pillow and blanket for my peruse - currently the former cushioning my head and the other draped over my body.

I wasn't sure how they had done it, but I was lying on a bench that was attached to the wall of the subway, and they were able to make a semi-tent.

"Finally awake?"

For a moment, I was disoriented and wasn't able to answer the call of the other person coming in.

"--- -----?" I mumbled, furrowing my brows and eyes watering at the sudden exposure of light and a silhouette.

Through the light of the curtain being lifted, I was able to make out Mrs. Wang's stern features.

Oh, it's Mrs. Wang.

To be honest, I was surprised she had come to find me, and to be the first person I saw upon waking up.

It would make more sense if she kicked me out to fend for myself, or got rid of me now that she was King.

Or perhaps, she wanted to keep me as a useful member of her group?

Well, no matter. I prepared another way out in this worse-case-scenario in this gamble.

"Took you long enough. You were unconscious for a full day."

Not surprising since this is the first time I pushed myself to this point. I thought.

"Anyways, good job. It seems I underestimated you, kiddo." Mrs. Wang exhaled as she spoke, and from her suit took out an object and held it out to me.

Full of distrust, I looked at the object held out toward me.

"What's this?" I wrinkled my nose.

"What, did sleeping make your brain cells moldy?" Mrs. Wang gave a soft snort.

Studying the object more closely, I realized it was a flag.

A black-coloured flag, to be exact.

I was stunned.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Mrs. Wang lifted her brow at me, "You gave it to me in that foolish plan of yours, so I'm now giving it back."

I took the flag.

[Incarnation Wang Jeongkkok has transferred ownership of the flag to you.]

[The abdication of a King to a new born King has concluded. Choose your 'King's Path'.]

King of Cowardice King of Recklessness King of Solitude King of...

+

Why do all of them seem to be roasting me? I bemoaned as I scrolled through the options. If the selection was this, I would rather not choose an option, thank you very much.

Let's recall. Which title meant what ability to go along with it?

King of Solitude, King of Arrogance and Hypocrisy among others sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember their attributes.

[King of No Killing.]

I paused briefly when I came to this title.

This one was a title first obtained by Selena Kim who was separated by an entire ocean, and one of the subordinates of the only prophet known to date in [Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World].

As the name suggested, to have the qualifications to obtain this title and ability, you had to not have killed to get to this point.

Hard as the conditions were, where everyone had to resort to killing through one way or the other to survive, naturally, the ability of [King of No Killing] was very useful.