Chapter 6: The Other Side (4)

A/N There's a religious reference from www.lignoma.com so if anyone's uncomfortable I'll remove it.

The truck was crowded when three people squeezed into the front, but it was still doable. Only a little awkward because I tried to shrink myself as much as possible while kneeling in the leg-space of the passenger seat.

[Some constellations are yawning with boredom.]

[Some constellations are interested in the next events.]

When we exited, I felt the cut supply of blood to my legs resume, causing me to stumble a little.

Looking at the cheery Na Bori who plucked the truck keys out, it then changed into a different shape. This must have been how Na Bori got the keys to the truck in the first place.

[The Maritime War God is paying close attention.]

[Lily Blooming in Aquarius is surprised at the events happening.]

[Lily Blooming in Aquarius is asking for a breakdown of what happened when she dozed off]

A little dumbfounded, I watched as Na Bori climbed her way up the ladder of the large crane into its cockpit.

Lee Jihye looked at me teasingly, "Never imagined Bori had such a thing, eh? Our raiding was not for nothing."

And then Lee Jihye took out a pair of sunglasses and put them on. Taping the edge of the side, she began to speak into space.

"Copy, can you read me?"

"Affirmative." I thought I heard that coming from the sunglasses having a walkie-talkie feel to it.

And then I continued to watch dumbfoundedly as the two communicated in dragging the truck upwards.

"No, what are you doing? You almost hit the wall you idiot. Other way, other way!" Lee Jihye exclaimed.

"Why don't you try operating it then, crybaby." Came the disgruntled reply, but the crane faithfully swung slowly the other way around.

"Ok, let's go. What are you standing around for and staring into space?" Lee Jihye turned around, feeling pretty cool in the sunglasses as she tapped my shoulder.

"Okay." I found my voice.

Just as we ascended the last steps to the very top of the building, the timer ran out.

[Stage transformation will now begin.]

And all of a suddenly, the already gloomy sky became even darker as thunder rumbled and light flashed up in the clouds.

I could only hope that no more mishaps, such as lightning, to occur.

And like a bathtub was being filled up, so did the entirety of Seoul, for as far as the eye could see. Soon enough, it almost reached the platform we were on, and then stopped.

We all looked on in wonder at the feat that could only be achieved when one was dreaming a dream.

[Restrictions on ghosts have decreased.]

And like that was a trigger, shadows began to show themselves. They were silhouettes of people - although it was hard to confirm, as their forms wavered in a 2-D fashion.

[New people] They all chanted.

The calls of voices formed a cacophony that drowned my ears, making me feel uncomfortable. It seemed their mental attacks had already started.

"Lee Jihye, the truck!" I shouted.

Lee Jihye immediately slashed at the truck, the metal parting with her strike as oil splashed out. Trying to ignore the pungent smell, Lee Jihye used some sort of herculean strength to drag the truck around the platform until the whole place was surrounded by oil, trying to be careful and not spill it onto her clothes or the place we were standing on.