Chapter 4: The Other Side (2)

"We won't be fined for driving without a driver's license, right?" Na Bori cheerily drawled, Lee Jihye in the passenger seat at the front and me in the back as the streets sped by, devoid of any inkling of people except for the parked cars on the side of this empty road.

If only real-life streets were like this. It would be a lot less agonizing getting anywhere.

Along with me enjoying the seat at the back, the expression on Lee Jihye's face was equally excited as the wind whipped the hair into her face.

"There's no police here, dummy," Lee Jihye spoke as the wind took her words away from her fully-rolled down window.

Rewind a few moments ago, we had gone to Na Bori's place and stolen -ahem, in Na bori's word's, borrowed - her family's car.

I patted the three lamps beside us refilled to the brim. Without these, the journey wouldn't have been so smooth.

[Huff-huff, man it took quite a bit of pr0bab^li+y for me to find this place!]

An unwelcome interruption came along, and all of our faces stretched into an ugly expression at the familiar voice.

I thought we had lost this darn Dokkaebi, but it still found us. I guess it discovered we were gone after we were gone for a solid 10 minutes in the real world.

Well, for a scenario to function, it needed its messenger, a Dokkaeibi to be present, so it was no surprise it could come here.

[Wow, you have discovered a hidden dungeon already! I am very mighty impressed by you earthlings. Your sponsors have been really concerned about you.]

Then a stream of indirect messages popped up.

[Maritime War God is surprised at where incarnation 'Lee Jihye' is.]

[ Lily Blooming in Aquarius, curs-feels relieved that incarnation 'Na Bori' is safe]

I straightened my back in surprise at the modifier, because I knew who that was. Who knew that such an archangel participated in streams such as these. However, it seems they were particularly concerned with Na Bori.

I looked at Na Bori thoughtfully.

[Some constellations are asking who the incarnation in the back is]

I ignored that message, not sure how to react to it.

Well, even if there was now an unwelcome audience, they wouldn't be able to affect anything. Unless that accursed Dokkaebi would do something.

Honestly, it was still a perfect chance to open the Dokkaebi bag, but I did not want to associate with this Dokkaebi who felt utter disdain for us.

Perhaps I would be forced to use it in this scenario, but not now.

So I offered no explanation on the events the constellations had missed, leaning my head against my arm as I stared dazedly out the window, listening idly to Na Bori and Lee Jihye.

[Excuse me, are you ignoring me?]

I felt a little isolated, but it was natural between two best friends and a random classmate that they only got to know in one day.

Somehow, I felt like I heard a whisper drifting in and out, like a dream. [Remember us.]

And then I woke up after my head almost lolled off my arm.

I felt frustrated with myself. How could I fall asleep in the midst of a scenario?

"Hey you! Awake now, sleepyhead?" Lee Jihye jeered.

[Maritime War God does not approve of lowering their guard.]

[Lily Blooming in Aquarius thinks there's no fault in being dozing off when there's no danger.]