Chapter 41: Jade Crown of Silla (2)

A/N: So, here's several bad news. -ahem- First of all, we've caught up, so now it's time to wait my friends. And you may wait for an indefinite amount of time, because I'm going on hiatus until I think I can get the ball rolling again for this fanfiction. Is this a prelude to bad things? Let's not think negatively.

There was a question I've always had ever since Min Jiwon brought up the Jade Crown.

Why had she never gotten the crown?

Although every round was theoretically the same, at the same time, due to the actions of special people, and the factor of "luck" tipping, each round was independent from the other.

So, for an important piece such as the Jade Crown, there should have been a round or two that Min Jiwon succeeded.

Perhaps this was something story wise, but I always found it strange for this important piece of information always briefly mentioned in [Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World] more than once over the several rounds, even later down the line in the 100+ rounds.

If it was important, why hadn't it ever been exploited as a plot point, just like how my senses developed for stories would dictate?

Am I thinking too much? After all, my memories...I scoffed to myself, but eased the issue about my questionable memories off.

I was thinking about the question of the Jade Crown as we bid goodbye to the residents of the station.

There were a few familiar ones, such as Gong Pildu and Lee Hyunsung, but there were also others whose faces I felt like were somewhere stuffed deep in my memory, though still unfamiliar, standing on the platform of Chungmuro.

Of the ones I was unfamiliar with, there was one who looked like a female lead, or main heroine, of a story. She was called Yoo Sangah, while another gentle beauty by her side referred to herself as Jung Heewon.

"G-goodybye Sangah-unnie, Heewon-unnie, I'll be back." Trying to stifle a sniffle, Lee Jihye gave the two women each a hug.

"Come back safe and sound, okay?" Yoo Sangah looked worriedly at Lee Jihye and Na Bori behind her.

"Disgracing yourself." Gong Pildu muttered with his arms crossed as he turned his head away, though his eyes still watching the scene betrayed his sentiment.

On the other hand, the big dog Lee Hyungsung looked saddened by the two girl's departure.

"Don't worry, with me here, crybaby Jihye won't go looking for trouble." Na Bori patted her chest, giving Sangah a wink, which she gave a small chuckle towards.

"Bori..." Lee Jihye growled at Na Bori as Jung Heewon gave a hidden thumbs up toward Na Bori out of amusement when Lee Jihye wasn't looking.

"You too, little Gilyoung. This noona will come back safe and sound, so you keep everyone safe." Wisely ignoring the death glare her friend was giving her, Na Bori lowered herself to speak to the final person I was unfamiliar with.

That person was a little boy. A cap nestled atop his wooly hair that beckoned a pat. Although he was a cute kid, his gaze was cautious and wary. The clear eyes attempted to observe everything and anything calmly, but for some odd reason, I could still discern his mood. His name was Lee Gilyoung.

When I saw him, I couldn't help but blurt out softly, "...grasshoppers", although I didn't know why.

Apparently, he had heard that, because his head perked up and he looked at me with a less hostile light.

Despite that, he still looked like a silently vicious wolf cub....

"Are you the friend Bori and Jihye keep talking about?" As I was thinking, Jung Heewon had approached me.