Chapter 59: One Disaster (1)

"Hey." I called to the person looking after us.

The incarnation begrudgingly tore her gaze from the battle, her expression unresigned and her nails digging into her palms.

"Unlock both of our shackles."

"What are you talking about?" She looked at me incredulously.

Jung Youngho didn't understand what we were talking about, but he could sense the change.

"I am going to help."

She looked angry, "You? So you can run away? Commander told me to stay here to look over you two, and I will keep my word."

"And you will watch with us as your commander dies?" My voice was harsh.

The incarnation flinched.

Their eyes swam with conflict.

Without saying anything more, I waited for her reply.

"I-I will," The incarnation's voice cracked, "I will unlock them."

She searched my eyes for any hint of sincerity, the last rope to the light in her desperation, "Please, save our commander."

When I thought about it, it was ridiculous. We weren't close, and far having done anything for each other, Jung Youngho and I were captives.

If anything, there was animosity between us. Still, this was something I wanted to do.

"I will."

[You stats are being restored. Physique lv. 5 --> lv. 10, Strength lv. 5 --> lv. 20, Agility lv. 5 --> lv. 40, Magic Power lv. 5 --> lv. ?]

[Your skills can now be activated.]

The black handcuffs that felt heavy fell to the ground, and as I breathed in the fresh air, I felt liberated.

"Finally." Jung Youngho grumbled. "Let's get out of here."

"We're not going anywhere."

"Are you serious?" Jung Youngho looked offended.

I gestured to the base, "We're going over there."

I gave Jung Youngho a wry and pleading smile, "Please help me, Jung Youngho ahjussi."

"Those cursed words again..." Jung Youngho grumbled, but contrary to his words, he had taken out his halberd, smiling.

"Wh-what are you guys doing? You swore." The incarnation looked at us warily.

Really, what you're saying sounds ridiculous.

Instead of replying verbally, I decided to show her in terms of action.

So I began to run forward.

"Secretive plotter, Sorrowful Heart of Silver," I breathed out.

[Sorrowful Heart of Silver is listening.]

[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, is wondering what you are planning.]

"Please give me coins." I'm broke.

[The constellation, Secretive Plotter, is laughing and finds it interesting.]

[You have been sponsored 10 000 coins.]

[Sorrowful Heart of Silver is cheering you on.]

[1 300 coins have been sponsored.]

Invest 3 000 coins each in strength, physique, and agility.

[Strength lv. 20 --> lv. 30.]

[Your strength has become beyond superhuman.]

[Physique lv. 10 --> lv. 20.]