Chapter 66: Daybreak (2)

What should I do now?

I felt a little lost as I read through the scenario window, while glancing at Jung Youngho and the boy touring the streets with little care in the world.

[Main Scenario: Find the Disaster]

Difficulty: A

Description: The final disaster, 'Boy summoned to Another world' has awakened from their slumber in a weakened state in the Washington DC dome. If you don't find them in the next 48 hours, they will regain their full strength.

Time limit: 48 hours

Rewards: 40 000 coins

Failure: ---

+

[Time left: 45 hours]

Earlier, Jung Youngho had entered a store and picked out some fresh clothes for the little boy to wear, casting aside the old, tattered ones, as well as grabbed a first-aid kit to treat his wounds.

I also had picked some new clothes to wear after all the stunts that my past clothes had to go through, but that wasn't the point.

The main point was, the boy was suspicious, just like Selena had said.

Apparently, the boy had amnesia, no longer holding any memory of what he had been doing before he woke up in that alley, covered in wounds until Jung Youngho found him. He didn't know anything. Not his name, age, where he came from, the dokkaebi, or the scenarios.

As a result, Jung Youngho gained some renewed hope.

Looking away from Jung Youngho and the boy, I sighed and looked skyward, feeling tired about the whole affair.

After the whole interaction with Selena, all the adrenaline faded away, leaving me with a dark pit at the bottom of my stomach, and feeling drained. I was sure I still handled the situation badly, and was not looking forward to any further interaction.

I just want to read my favourite novels and ignore everything.

But the pressing crisis would not leave me alone.

It was at that moment that I heard someone's stomach growl.

"Ahjussi, I'm hungry," The boy, who Jung Youngho named Eun HaNa, whined.

"Okay then, let's go eat! And then ahjussi will show you a very interesting magic trick, yeah?" Jung Youngho grinned.

His treatment of the boy and his treatment of me was heaven and earth. Sometimes, I found myself thinking that Jung Youngho must be possessed by something to become this different.

He wasn't like this even when I saw his trauma in the [Phantom Prison].

Did he get hit really hard in the head when I didn't notice? I considered this seriously for a moment.

"Hey, what are you doing just standing there?" Jung Youngho turned around and found me absentmindedly standing in place, lost in thought.

"Oh. I'm coming." Reflexively answering, I shuffled my feet and followed them into a convenience store.

The interior was dark due to the power going out, but at least the natural light was sufficient enough for us to see in the dim setting. Again, the situation felt surreal to me.

To think we would be in a store like this at the end of the world, when the lights used to be on, when customers would occasionally enter and buy things, where the cashier would stand and scan items, and when the radio would blast some songs.