Chapter 50: War of Kings, Absolute Throne (1)

As it turned out, after coming out of the scenario, the delayed scenario rewards never appeared. In other words, we never made it to the Gyeongju National Museum and picked out any relics.

Instead, I almost lost everything.

But, I guess I had to be thankful for the fact that I survived.

We also eventually split up from Cha Sankyung, Gu Daesung and others...Also, I've come to realize I had still been wearing that cloak until now, and finally took it off.

Walking through the abandoned Seoul, we continued walking alongside Min Jiwon and her troops.

"Heroes, I'll be sure to compensate you some other time." Min Jiwon smiled at us, referring to the contract we signed, with the 60:40 profit split.

It was good to know Min Jiwon wasn't going to exploit us over it either.

"You don't need to, beauty king," I answered, "I'm sure none of us gained any of the 'profit', and so the clause in invalid."

After all, we technically owe you 60% of the profits.

Min Jiwon looked taken aback, her eyes widening slightly in a daze. Quickly, however, she smiled in amusement.

Why did she react like that?

"Alright hero, if the rewards are ever given, then I shall notify you with haste. The beauty king gives her word." Min Jiwon gave a chuckle.

I had an inexplicable feeling that I was getting teased.

Looking away, Lee Jihye's side profile came into view.

She suddenly paused, her eyes pointed in-front with focus.

"Hm, isn't that ahjussi up ahead?" Lee Jihye, who had been carrying the unconscious Na Bori cried out.

Shifting Jung Youngho awkwardly on my back, I looked at the direction Lee Jihye was staring at.

The person in the lead was a man wearing a bad match-up of clothes, with suit pants and a grey tattered robe.

Beside him were other familiar figures, Yoo Sangah and Lee Gilyoung, and also one more unfamiliar face. I wasn't supposed to judge, but I ended up with a scrunched brow at seeing the unfamiliar man with his underwear exposed.

Studying the face and manner of walking of the man in-front, I tried to match him to a name.

...Kim Dokja?

As we approached, Gilyoung from beside grabbed Kim Dokja's collar and gestured toward us. I could just barely see the antenna of an insect peeking out from Gilyoung's wooly hair.

The unfamiliar man from beside them moved his lips, but I wasn't able to hear with clarity what he was saying.

"...Armor, somewhere..."

"Hwang Sungmin...front..."

The young man who called himself 'Gwanchang' stepped forward, pointing his spear at the group ahead aggressively.

"Who is blocking the way of the king?"

His words were quickly interrupted with Lee Jihye running up.

"Hey, where are you going?" 'Gwanchang' was stunned. Now that I think about it, he was called 'Hwang Sungmin', wasn't he?

"Hey, ahjussi! How has Jeewon-unnie and Hyungsung-oppa been? Oh, and I guess landlord ahjussi too," Lee Jihye beamed. It was as if Lee Jihye had forgotten all her hostility toward Kim Dokja.

"Ah, yes, they are doing well." Kim Dokja looked a twinge flustered at Lee Jihye's enthusiasm, "Why are you here? And what happened to Na Bori?"

Kim Dokja wanted information, sweeping his gaze over Min Jiwon and then landed on me, thoughtfully.