Chapter 46: That, Which is Not in the Script (2)

But what could it be? I frowned.

Just as I slowed down, I felt a painful sensation in my chest.

-Thump!-

-Thump!-

-Thump!-

My heart gave several painful beats against my ribcage, so strong that I had trouble breathing, worried that my heart would burst the next time it sounded.

In that split second, I felt the world suddenly lose its colour and freeze its time.

[Warning. An ancient being fallen from the garden is awakening.]

[Warning. To adjust to the new circumstances, the scenario is being updated!]

[Sub scenario: UnOfIcI@L H^sT0rY]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: S

Clear Conditions: An ancient being has been reawakened. Survive.

Time Limit: ???

Compensation: ???, 20 000 coins---

Failure: ???

+

It wasn't just me who noticed the circumstance through physical signs.

Everyone, incarnations and soldiers alike, all stopped in place with visible pain marred across their features, or pale faces.

The earth beneath us trembled and keened, as if announcing to us a tragedy about to unfold.

[Lucifeeerrr!] A shout rang out through the battlefield, clearly resounding with rage through every corner.

Despite encountering it for the first time, I knew.

The unleashing of a constellation's [True voice], no matter how weakened, was too strong.

The incarnations gathered all groaned, also unable to resist the voice, tumbling across the ground along with the myriad of other soldiers.

Min Jiwon, Cha Sankyung and Gu Daesung struggled to remain in place, blood oozing from the seven orifices.

I, and my group, weren't doing much better.

A ripple formed as the wind slammed into the insignificant ants below.

The clouds gathered, as if forcibly plucked and stirred. Before I knew it, a black feather had floated before my eyes.

[How dare you betray us!] Another line bellowed out.

Now, everyone's attention was unanimously captured by the winged figure in the sky.

Youngkik appeared in a flurry of sparks, a twisted smile etched on their face. [Well, isn't this interesting...it was getting boring. What do you think, my dear subscribers?]

There was something different about how the low level dokkaebi revelled in the unexpected scenario instead of panic.

[Constellation, 'Lily Blooming in Aquarius' is requesting to incarnate into the scenario]

['Lily Blooming in Aquarius' is cursing the 'star bureau']

[Constellation, 'Founder of Hannamgun' says, 'As expected'.]

[Constellation, 'Sleeping Lady of the Brocade', is requesting the shutdown of the scenario.]

[Constellation, 'One-eyed Maitreyan' is silent.]

[Some constellations of the Korean Peninsula are watching in horror.]

The scroll of constellation messages flew past me, but I didn't pay much attention to it.