Chapter 54: War of Kings, Absolute Throne (5)

A dam broke through my mind as soon as I laid my eyes on those words. I jolted back into 'reality'. However, it wasn't the same.

Fiction and reality overlapped.

「[I shall respect your will.]

[Even if you die here.]

[We will remember you.]

A dazzling light wrapped around the Four Yin Demonic Beheading Sword and it started to burn with bright flames.」

Kim Dokja clenched the [Seven Yin Beheading Sword].

Time seemed to slow to an indefinite crawl as it left a beautiful trail of flames...

I had always pushed back the discrepancies between what I thought I knew, my memories, and the reality that laid itself before me.

...Again, and again, upon the regal and intricately designed throne, chipping away the history, glory and blood it carried through its 1864 rounds.

I tried to call my 'family' at the beginning of the scenarios, and I had thought they had been too preoccupied by the scenario to respond. Later, Na Bori and Lee Jihye told me I had a weak presence in class, which I felt was strange at the time.

There were the miss-matching memories, along with memories that didn't belong to me. Ones I wanted to deny. However, now I knew.

The light of the sword slashes filled my vision.

I had no family. No friends, no acquaintances, not a soul I could call familiar in this unfamiliar world.

「Then finally.」

Finally, I arrived at the conclusion.

The throne broke. The absolute throne of the fourth main scenario, which would aid Seoul with the fifth scenario, but also bring it to ruin, lay desolately on the ground in pieces.

[The constellation linked to the star relic 'Absolute Throne' has disappeared.]

[The 'Unknown God' has noticed a change in this world.]

Along with its fall was also the starting point of Kim Dokja's origin story.

[King in a Kingless World.]

I stood transfixed as probability crashed against that delicate yet moving frame, and Kim Dokja couldn't help but drop to his knees from the sheer pain.

「I barely held onto consciousness. Then a star in the distant night sky shone quietly.

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' is looking at you.]

It was a calm, lonely but gentle gaze.

[The constellation 'Bald General of Justice' is looking at you.]

Then two.

[The constellation 'Last Hero of Hwangsanbeol' is looking at you.]

Three.

[The constellation 'Lady of the Brocade Sleep' is looking at you.]」

It wasn't [Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World] that loaded into this world.

[Why...?] The intermediate Dokkaebi above, with a flabbergasted face, murmured subconsciously.

It was me who loaded into [Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint].

「I looked up at the turbulent clouds that filled the Great Hall.」

I looked up at the sky with a different and turbulent mentality.

There was a feeling of wanting to laugh, and cry at the same time.

「I didn't have a next 'regression.' I would reach the end of the story in this world.」