Chapter 58: Anna Croft (5)

[Affinity with the species from a different world has increased.]

[2,000 coins have been rewarded.]

[You have received a bonus skill for smooth communication with the other world species.]

['Other World Interpreter Lv. 1' has been acquired.]

"#%#$@ ...Are you the brave warriors of this world that awakened me?" A deep, majestic voice reverberated from the creature that floated up from the [Moon Stone], unraveling their beautiful azure wings.

But of course, everyone was not able to drink in the sight of an otherworldly being before the growls and howls of the undead broke the silence.

However, what was strange was that they mostly stayed outside of the room, as if deterred by the presence of the humans inside.

No, they were deterred from the presence of the otherworldly being.

The brave 6th grade undead howled at their other undead brethren as if disdaining them for being cowards, before first stepping into the room.

The expression of the otherworldly being crinkled due to that action.

"How dare these creatures run amok, even here."

[Carus, warrior of the Ornis, is using their authority.]

"Grrw?" The 6th grade undead's purple mist suddenly thinned, before they were blasted from an unknown force from the room.

It wasn't just the 6th grade undead.

All the undead, growling and howling with their dark eye pits were expelled from the room and far off into the distance.

[The Sanctuary of Ornis has been established.]

"Hmph. That should do it." The otherworldly creature resembling a tall bird finally sported a satisfied expression, before looking back at the wounded humans collapsed on the floor.

The tall bird then folded their wings and looked around them with a bewildered light within their eyes, "How come I've woken up here? Where is the one with the absolute throne?"

That was right. Originally, just like in the Seoul dome, all the guides should have awakened in one location together. The fact that he was here meant that no one claimed the absolute throne in this place either.

Does Anna Croft have something to do with its disappearance?

Coming to terms with the situation rather quickly, the tall bird decided to ask their next question,

"Now, which of you possess the 'Protection Symbol of Ornis'?"

Trembling, Iris pushed herself off the ground, "I-I'm the one who has it, great one."

In her hands, a golden medal glinted in the light.

Huh? Wait.

My eyes widened and I blinked incredulously.

Then, what about Anna Croft? She is the one who originally...

The feathered bird dropped to the ground and kneeled on one talon, bowing with both wings spread out, "I greet the protector."

Regaining his stance, the warrior stood with pride as well as a little skepticism, "If I may be rude to ask, how did you pass the trial?"

He looked Iris up and down, attempting to gauge her strength.

Iris glanced at Anna, "Actually, great one, I wasn't-"

Anna glared at Iris.

"E-erm, what I mean to say is, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover." To make the act more convincing, Iris squared her shoulders and stared at the warrior, "I was the one to pass the trial and obtain the symbol."