I. KAMINE X MY X BUTLER

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

Sneaking out in the middle of a thunderstorm seemed like a great idea originally; the water would wash away any of the nonexistent tracks he left behind and the smell of the pouring rain would mask his scent from any curious noses at the Zoldyck estate, like a particular nosy guard dog he remembered.

But now that he was under the small roof of a bus stop with drenched clothes that clung to his body like skin and hair that was so matted and dirty it had begun to no longer look white, he was beginning to question his original mode of attack. He had not stopped running since he arrived at the bus stop and it had already been a good four or five hours since he originally left, even so, the rain failed to cease.

A normal person would probably be fighting the effects of hypothermia right about now but thankfully, for a trained assassin like Killua, his body had been waterboarded and subjected to countless ice baths to a point he could probably be frozen inside a glacier and still make it out okay.

Nevertheless, the soggy sole of his shoes and the slimy feeling of his hair sticking to the nape of his neck were enough to make anyone uncomfortable, assassin or not.

"You should use an umbrella if you are planning to jog in the rain." A voice snapped him out of his thoughts, scaring him slightly as he grimaced.

Of course, he was followed. "Kamine..." He frowned facing the familiar blackette who stood beside him, his most annoying and persistent attendant. Being a year and a half younger than himself he had to acknowledge her talents, nevertheless, he couldn't help but find her increasingly annoying because ever since she was assigned to him six years ago, she has failed to leave his side.

"Did Mother send you to fetch me?" He spat as he turned to face the girl. Her short black braids were as eerily perfect and precise as always, not one hair out of place even despite the storm. That was the type of person Kamine was, she could fight (and kill mind you) a grizzly bear and come out with her small black and white uniform as pristine as if she had just dry-cleaned it.

The only indication of her travels were the small specks of mud on her polished black mary janes that failed to dirty her knee-high white socks.

"Should she have been aware of your departure?" Her head tilted in an innocent manner as the boy just rolled his eyes.

"Why are you here Kamine?" He cut her off rudely as he crossed his arms and tilted his body away from her in retaliation.

"You didn't prepare anything for yourself. I assumed you would need someone to have packed your clothes and necessities for your impromptu excursion." She explained as a streak of lightning landed just a few feet behind her, the light showcasing her brilliant purple eyes.

She sighed before looking up at the sky, "It's turning out to be quite the beautiful day for an outing."

Killua groaned. The weather was horrendous, yet Kamine always had a preference for the dark and dreary, just another one of her weird, freak-like quirks.