XVIII. ENSNARED X IN HIS X WEB

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

Gon had somehow finagled a win out of Hanzo before being forcefully knocked out by the brute of a man. Gon idiotically refused to accept the win, even after his previous forfeit with Kamine.

Killua didn't remember the rest of the matches as he grew unfocused. He tried to take a discreet step closer to Kamine but she backed away, she was clearly trying to keep her distance.

The boy sighed, he was forced to fight a small ginger-haired archer by the name of Pokkle. Killua found the man quite annoying and lacked the motivation to fight him, simply offering him the win as he returned to the sidelines.

After Leorio requested his match to be delayed due to Boduro's injuries Killua's match against Gittarackur was next. He frowned as he approached the pin-infested giant. He was looking forward to giving this man quite the beating after how he treated Kamine in the previous phase. He cracked his knuckles in anticipation as he caught a pair of worried eyes looking at him.

He turned around, his cerulean eyes met the anxious purple hues of Kamine as she glanced at him. Her eyes gave him a pleading look as he stared at her in confusion.

Kamine couldn't possibly be scared of this man... After all, the only people Killua had seen frighten the girl were members of his own family, like his Silva, Grandpa Zeno, or Illumi.

He grew even more rageful at that realization. He'd make Gittarackur pay for frightening Kamine so deeply. But before the match could start his distorted voice had called out to the boy.

"It's been a while, Kil." Gittaracker's muffled voice croaked as he began removing pins from his face. His jaw began to morph as his hair turned a familiar jet black.

Killua's eyes widened in shock as he suddenly put the pieces together, fully understanding Kamine's apprehension towards the man, "No way..." Killua mumbled as Gittaraukur's face morphed into the familiar face of his older brother, Illumi.

"Big brother..." His heart picked up his speed as his body was paralyzed in fear, he couldn't believe his psychotic older brother had followed him here of all places.

"I heard you cut up Mom and Milluki." Illumi's desolate voice chastised the boy as he struggled to respond, "She really cried, you know." Illumi said as Killua gave an awkward laugh, "I guess..." Killua muttered as he struggled to face his terrifying older brother.

"She was just so happy to see you have grown up." Illumi explained as Leorio choked. "But she was worried about how you were fairing and asked me to check up on you— especially since that beloved butler of your's had failed to keep you in check." The man shot a death glare at Kamine who avoided his gaze, staring intently at the ground as she began to tremble in fear.

Surprisingly Kurapika had taken a step in front of the female, he was still willing to defend her after she said she could never be friends with them. Kamine felt the urge to cry, yet was too horrified to let any tears fall in front of the terrifying Zoldyck.