VII. AS X SHE X DESCENDED

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

When they arrived at the top of the mountain, it was surprisingly windy, Kamine frowned as she held the flower crown down to her head. It wasn't often she received gifts so she planned to hold onto the crown for a while.

"Down there," Menchi pointed to the ravine which was littered with lines of webbing. At the very bottom were groups of spider eagle eggs dangling from the line.

"That's our ingredient." Menchi determined as some of the applicants winced in shock. A large breeze updrafted from the ravine as Kamine instantly crouched down realizing an immediate problem with this challenge.

She was wearing a skirt, granted it almost reached her ankles but still... a little wind and she was sure she'd flash somebody. And suddenly her anxiety from earlier made sense.

Without warning Menchi jumped from the cliff slide, hanging onto the webbing as she waited.

She was waiting for a breeze, Kamine noticed as the woman suddenly dropped, grabbing an egg.

"Is she committing suicide?!" Leorio gasped as a big breeze suddenly updrafted again, lifting the girl up as she landed with a smile, egg in toll.

"There. That's how it's done." Menchi grinned as the applicants stared at her in shock.

"That looks fun!" Killua smiled before jumping into the ravine. Gon had jumped alongside him while Leorio and Kurapika followed. Kamine hesistated as a few other applicants jumped.

She couldn't go down there in a skirt! She blushed gripping the black material as she watched the white-haired boy hang lifelessly from the webbing.

Than an even bigger anxiety filled her. What if he fell? How could she protect him. Biting her finger she pulled out a black chained crossbow from her bag. It was a weapon specifically designed by the Zoldyck family so it packed quite the punch, she was positive it would have enough force to reach Killua if he fell, regardless of how far down he was.

"Hey, no weapons are allowed to retrieve the eggs, you might crack it before it gets here." Menchi explained as Kamine just eyed her in annoyance. She continued staring at Killua, the boy was watching as Gon as he concentrated. Kamine sighed in relief understanding Killua wasn't going to fall, Gon would let him know when a breeze was coming.

A sudden scream snapped the female out of her thoughts as a one of the webbings ripped under the weight of the applicants. Thankfully, Killua wasn't holding onto that one as about a dozen applicants fell to their doom.

"Kurapika!" Gon screamed as the blonde male tried to hang on for dear life, only to fail miserably as the string ripped again.

Kamine glanced at the boy before glancing back at Killua. She frowned, she really hoped Killua would be able to manage on his own.