XV. A X DEEP X SLUMBER

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

Although Kamine didn't like boats, she always enjoyed the night. The dark, cool lighting always left a beautifully eerie ambiance where ever it went.

"If only it was raining..." Kamine mumbled looking up at the glistening full moon. Kamine loves nighttime thunder storms, the noise relaxes her.

She had been wandering around the woods ever since she exited the boat, desperate to acquire Gittarackur's badge quickly and return to Killua's side. Her steps were deathly silent as crimson butterflies pestered her stitched up wounds. She swatted them away but only more approached, they didn't seem hostile so she decided to just let the butterflies be.

Blinded by the smell of her own blood she was ignorant to the smell of another's as she noticed another's body just a few yards ahead of her. It was a red-haired girl with shattered glasses, her sniper rifle had been shattered and destroyed as a yellow pin became encased in her skull, a stream of fresh red blood trailing from the orifice.

Kamine pressed her fingers against the woman's neck, she was dead but her body was still warm, meaning she was killed recently. Her hands trailed against the ominous yellow needle until she removed it, jolting when her vision began to spin.

Her eyes settled on a familiar man holding Killua's shoulder menacingly as his face remained emotionless. Kamine's heart spiked in fear, she could recognize the man right away— Killua's older brother: Illumi.

The Zoldyck spy following her was not just a mere butler, but one of the family members themselves; she had made a grave miscalculation.

Her head pounded as her vision refocused on the present. Thankfully her premonition hadn't involved her so she would've have to experience another round of prognostication trauma. Or at least she thought, as her body stiffened up at the presence behind her.

She unwillingly forced herself to turn around, Gittarackur, or Illumi, was standing behind her menacingly. "Hello. Young Master." She gave an uneasy smile as she tried to calm her trembling hands but to no avail.

"So you recognize me." His voice croaked out, monotone and distorted. He pulled out a few pins from his face as his head began to morph into the familiar face she had grown to hate, "Well that ruins the fun." He said simply as his shiny black hair began to cascade down his back.

Kamine didn't respond, simply standing up as she faced the man head on. "Kil has been running rampant ever since he left the estate. I thought that you would control him better as his personal attendant." Illumi chastised the female as she gave him a sour look.

"He's even starting to believe that that spiky-haired brat could actually become friends with a cold-blooded killer like him." Illumi's voice was cold and hostile as he stared down the girl, being almost double her height, "An assassin like him could never have friends, once they learn about his true nature they won't want anything to do with him anymore. People like that aren't suited for our world." Illumi explained as Kamine's face hardened. Killua was making good progress becoming friends with Gon, she gave him her word that she would help him do that— the first genuine request the boy had ever given the girl.