XVII. THE MONSTER X BEHIND X THE MASK

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

Netero had called the applicants individually for some skewed interview. Kamine's head was still scrambled and cloudy from her experience with Killua— she couldn't even remember what she had said to him... all she remembered was her vision.

Killua's cold and emotionless glare looked over Boduro's still fresh corpse, his manipulative older brother gleaming with pride at the boy's accomplishments. Kamine winced as she tried to erased the vision from her mind.

It was quite useless for Netero to interview the female. She was too nervous to speak, she simply sat there and stared at him as he pressed questions into her. Although he seemed to be harmless, his aura read anything but that.

Of course she had answers; she had a lot of people she wouldn't want to fight, Killua and Gon were obvious. But she also wouldn't want another run in with the young master, Illumi as well the sadistic jester who has taken an unusual liking to her. But she couldn't determine why the chairman was asking her such questions, and therefore she couldn't bring herself to speak in front of the man.

She was sure he just marked whatever, which was fine in the end. This was the final phase so she didn't really need to graduate with a license to stay with Killua, she would just forfeit any match that was paired against the four of them.

She was stopped when she ran bumped into much a larger man. She couldn't help the shocked expression on her face as she recognized the man.

"Hm?" The man looked down at the distraught girl as her lips trembled, "Oh excuse me child, I did not wish to get in your way." He politely apologized as he headed towards the interview room.

"Boduro." Kamine said without thinking as the man turned around, she winced as he glanced down at her.

"Sir..." She added, nervous she didn't address the man who was so much older than her with a proper title. His expression seemed to have softened after that, he probably recognized how nervous she was.

That only made her feel even more guilty, this polite man was inching closer to death every step he took. She didn't know where or when Killua were to kill the man but she knew it would've been soon.

She had to warn him, "You should leave." She muttered as the man looked at her curiously, "Oh. Don't worry child, I was already heading towards the interview room. I assure you I won't be late." Boduro explained, misinterpreting the female's cautionary statement.

"No. I mean leave the exam. You should forfeit, try again next year." Kamine stated as the man grew frustrated at the female's words.

"I have trained adequately enough for this exam, I assure you I have the potential to pass." Boduro reassured proudly as the girl grew frustrated, if the man wanted to die so badly she should've just left him alone— yet her guilty conscious wouldn't let her.