XX : HELLO X AGAIN X FRIEND

-=-=-

-=-=-

By the time Gon and the others had arrived at the Butler's Mansion, unbeknownst to them, Killua had already arrived. Gotoh, inspired by the tearful pleas of Kikyo, had manipulated the timeline of the four's reunion in order to gauge the potential Killua's friends himself. Deep down, Gotoh too cared deeply for Killua and wanted to assess his so-called "friends" to see if they had good intentions about the naive young master.

He didn't enjoy lying to Killua, but he had to due to Kikyo's direct orders. Surprisingly, Gotoh found nothing suspicious about Killua's three friends, especially the cheerful burgundy-eyed one in the middle. Despite Gotoh's threats, he didn't even show an ounce of animosity towards the man, something unheard of in the Zoldyck estate. He was a unique boy with extraordinary talent, perception, and courage— Gotoh could understand why Killua had adopted such a liking to the boy, his energy was contagious.

Only mere moments after the final round, Killua had impatiently entered the room on his own accord. "Gon! You're here already?!" Killua beamed in excitement as Gon turned around, the albino boy's entrance was met with equal excitement.

"Killua!" Gon cheered, almost knocking over the couch as he spun around giving the boy a wave. "You're here with....Kurapika! and uh... Liorio!" Killua pointed at the pair beside Gon as Kurapika sighed, "So we're just an afterthought?".

Leorio had screamed something about Killua butchering his name once again but he was rudely ignored.

"Hey, Gotoh! I thought I told you to tell me right away when Gon arrived!" Killua whined as the butler gave a professional smile, "We were just entertaining them with a little game." The butler explained as Gon gave an awkward laugh, affirming his words. Killua didn't seem convinced.

"Hey so, Kamine isn't with you guys?" Killua frowned, noticing the missing presence. Gotoh had told him earlier that Kamine must have been traveling with Gon since she had already been released from her contract, he didn't seem to know that the boy was currently in possession of the document himself.

"No? She isn't with you? I thought she worked here?" Gon questioned returning Killua's frown as the boy grew anxious.

"It's complicated," Killua explained as he shot Gotoh a dirty look, if Kamine wasn't with Gon then she must have already been at the estate somewhere— yet he hadn't run into her once. Gotoh must have known something, "Gotoh. Where is she?" Killua ordered as the butler awkwardly looked away.

"I'm afraid that's not within my jurisdiction to tell you." Gotoh explained as Killua growled, "I'm your master! So tell me where she is!" Killua demanded once more but Gotoh merely shook his head, "Who is telling you to hide it." Killua frowned.

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you that young master." Gotoh explained as Killua growled. A member of the Zoldyck family must be forcing Gotoh to keep quiet; a member of a higher ranking than himself. Since the rankings are based on age, the members who could keep Gotoh silent above his word would be Grandpa Zeno, whom he already saw back at the cellar and isn't the type to hide something like that from him; his father, who would've told him during their chat if he knew; his mother, who although tries to hide things from him all the time, would've tried to use Kamine's location as leverage to get him to stay earlier; Milluki who would never have the guts to double-cross him; or the most likely choice, Illumi.