XXI: FREE X THE X GIRL

-=-=-

-=-=-

"You guys should stay here." Killua explained as the group stopped at the entrance to a long dark hallway.

"And leave Kamine alone to fend for herself?! No way!" Leorio adamantly refused as as Killua groaned, "Don't you get it? It's a 'hallucination chamber'— emphasis on hallucination. If you go down their your worst nightmares will become a reality." Killua furrowed his brows as the older male gulped, "You guys would just get in my way if you went, you should stay here where it's safe. Especially you two." He pointed at Kurapika and Leorio, "You already have enough trauma as it is." He pointed at the blonde before turning to Leorio, "And you're too much of a softie to handle those kinds of visions."

Leorio grew flustered at the boy's words as he prepared himself to deny Killua's words, "Killua is right, Leorio. We should leave this to him, since he knows the room best. Our top priority is getting Kamine out safely, it doesn't matter who does it." Kurapika agreed as Leorio bitterly grumbled before agreeing. "Besides someone has to stay behind and watch to make sure they don't run into any more trouble than necessary down there." Kurapika explained as Leorio reluctantly agreed.

"Well I'm going!" Gon frowned deeply as he turned to face Killua, "The fact someone could do something like that to someone as nice as Kamine really pisses me off Killua!" Gon retorted as Killua sighed, he had  a feeling this would happen.

"Fine. Gon, you can come too. Just be careful." Killua sighed as the boy sprouted up in relief before skipping down the dark steps to follow the boy.

The further the two roamed down the dark hallway the more eerie the atmosphere became. A heavy aura protected the door at the end of the hallway as both Killua and Gon shivered in fright.

"What's this, intense presence?" Gon coughed as Killua shook his head, "I don't know, but it's why I never go down here... the moment you start feeling that weight is the moment the visions start." Killua explained as Gon frowned. Indeed it had begun to seem as if the hallway was swirling as he walked beside the boy. "We'll have to have one of us grab Kamine while the other one stays by the door, if we get locked in the room we won't be able to come out." Killua explained as Gon nodded, continuing their walk.

"Hey Killua." Gon called out for the boy who choked out a feeble response.

"Y-yeah?" The boy seemed unnerved as he forced himself through the dense fog, although that was to be expected considering Gon was also trembling at its effects.

"How did Illumi get Kamine in here in the first place?" Gon questioned as Killua furrowed his brows in confusion at Gon's inquiry, "Well I mean, he too should've been affected by the hallucinations once he entered the room right?" Gon asked as Killua finally began processing his words, "So then how did he leave once he locked her in?"

Killua frowned, he never processed that as well. He assumed with the two of them they could just hold the door open but it's likely Illumi brought Kamine in single-handedly, therefore there must have been a way to avoid or nullify the hallucinations so you could see the exit once again.