XXII: RELIEF X BRINGS X DESPAIR

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

When the trio had resurfaced from the corridor they were greeted with relieved faces that quickly turned to shock when they witnessed the female's state.

"Kamine!" Kurapika gasped approaching the female, wincing when Killua took a weary step backward.

"God... what did they do to you..." Leorio frowned deeply, sadness gracing his features.

Paying them no mind the female looked around curiously, growing quite confused as her eyes darted around.

"Is something wrong Kamine?" Gon questioned, noticing the girl's bewildered expression.

"I-... don't know where we are." She said simply, tightening her hold on the fabric of Killua's shirt. There were similarities between every illusion she'd seen the past few days, one of which being that each took place in a familiar setting.

However, this was the first time Kamine was completely baffled by the location of this seemingly complex illusion. Beyond that, she had never seen such a sorrowful expression on Killua's face before.

"We're still at the Zoldyck estate, you probably haven't been here before since it's hidden so well." Killua explained, "Don't worry. We'll be out of here soon." Killua's words were supposed to be condolence to Kamine but seemed to resonate with the rest of the group as everyone seemed eager to leave at his words.

Not wasting another second, the group bounded off, making haste for the bottom of the mountain and far away from the Zoldyck estate.

Kamine didn't say a word the entire journey and with the group's emotions all over the place at the revelation of her condition, no one was in the mood to make conversation-- not even Gon.

Not one to stand the uncomfortable silence, it was Leorio who broke the seemingly untouchable tension in the air with a loud cough. "Well, since we're all here... why don't we grab something to eat in the city before we head back." He suggested trying his best to crack a smile to lighten up the mood.

"Y-...Yeah... that sounds good." Kurapika nodded. He turned around to notice Gon not following the group, him staying unusually far behind as he clenched his fists tightly.

Kurapika paused noticing the boy's odd behavior, "Gon? What's wrong?" The blonde paused as the group stopped to watch the boy.

The juniper boy fiddled around for a bit before snapping his head up to the sky, "Damn it!!!" Gon bellowed at no one in particular before punching a nearby tree with all his might. It made a large bang as the ground rumbled beneath the group for a bit.

"G-Gon?!" Kurapika gasped, grabbing onto a nearby tree for support as his feet swayed in the vibration.

"What the hell was that for?!" Leorio snapped, falling straight onto his butt from the impact, groaning in displeasure as he fell on a nearby rock.