II. CALL X ME X KILLUA

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

When he woke up, it was already mid-morning and he was cozily tucked into the pure white hotel sheets. He panicked before glancing around the room, looking for a missing presence.

As he was about to rip off the covers, the sound of a door clicking interrupted his movement. "You know, if you prefer sharing a bed with me I wouldn't have spent the money on a double room." Kamine said emotionlessly as the boy broke into a blush at the realization of his own actions.

"I didn't mean-..." He faltered, unable to complete his sentence with the suffocating feeling of embarrassment crawling out of his throat. He still couldn't believe he passed out without warning, what was he? Five?

Unphased by the boy the girl handed him a simple brown bag, in it was a warmly toasted chocolate croissant and apple juice. "I assumed you would feel better if I got you something sweeter in the morning." She said simply before unraveling what he would assume to be her own meal, a plain bagel with nothing on it, untoasted, and water.

"Thanks..." He couldn't help but dig into the sugary treat as he looked up at the girl, "I can't believe you're eating it like that." He grimaced as the girl glanced up at him in mild surprise.

"It's just food, doesn't matter how it's flavored." She replied before gesturing to the table where a set of clothes was already pulled out for him to change into. A long sleeve indigo shirt with a lighter set of shorts and a white tee to go over it.

Whites, purples, and blues. Killua scoffed. Kamine knew practically everything about him, even his color palette when it came to clothes. At least, it was convenient in that he didn't need to figure out what to wear.

He took a moment to savor his breakfast before changing.

He couldn't deny that perhaps his morning was just the tiniest bit brighter with the warm comforting flavor of chocolate in his mouth.

-=-=-

"So Kamine, where exactly are we going?" Killua furrowed his brows as he followed the blackette aimlessly through the town.

"You said you wanted to take the Hunter exam, correct? We're heading to the exam site." She explained as his eyes widened in shock.

"W-Wait you know where it is?" Killua's eyed the girl curiously as she nodded. Killua frowned at her words, biting his lip as he looked away.

He was hoping to find the site himself, not be bailed out by Kamine. Not realizing he slowed down he looked up to see the female who had paused before him her eyes peering deeply into his as she looked away.

"I'm..." She paused, letting out an uneasy breath. "I forgot." She squeaked turning away from the boy as his jaw almost dropped to the floor.

"Huh?!" He hissed glaring at the girl who refused to make eye contact with him. "What do you mean you forgot?!"