XXIII: NOT X YOUR X TOOL

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

The rest of the group meal went rather smoothly compared to earlier in the day. Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio chatted away while Killua made a few snide remarks here and there finally breaking free from his sour attitude from when he found Kamine.

Kamine just listened, deep in her thoughts, while the group didn't force her to engage in the conversation. They were just happy she was finally eating a full meal again.

"Here Kamine, eat this too!" Gon pushed more food in front of the already overfilled plate of the female. He seemed to be very happy seeing her eat a full meal.

"If she eats that much she'll get sick." Leorio groaned, rubbing his temples as she watched the girl stare at her plate in bewilderment-- clearly wondering how she was going to manage to eat all the food placed in front of her.

The rest of the meal went fine, the group finally splitting off at the confirmation that they would meet again on September 1st in Yorknew City.

"So what now?" Gon looked around. With Kurapika and Leorio gone, it left just himself, Kamine, and Killua.

"Are you seriously asking that?" Killua rolled his eyes, baffled by Gon's ignorance, "We train obviously." He determined as Gon looked at him in confusion.

"Really? Why can't we just play?" Gon questioned innocently as Kamine swore she saw a blood vessel pop in Killua's face.

"Gon..." Killua's voice was low and murderous, "Do you remember what you just told me?" He asked coldly.

"Yeah, that I wanted to return my badge to Hisoka." Gon nodded in confirmation.

In an instant, Killua had grabbed the boy's ear giving it a sharp tug as he screamed at him, "How the hell do you plan to punch Hisoka without any training?!" He chided the boy with a murderous smile as Gon evaded his gaze.

"Kamine-! Help me!" Gon called, reaching out to the female as Killua held him by the arms.

The female just tilted her head in confusion as she stared at the duo, gripping the straps on her bag.

Killua noticed her gaze, "See watch this Gon!" Killua turned to face the female, "Kamine, do you think Gon stands a chance in hell at punching Hisoka in the state he's in?" Killua asked before shooting a death glare at Gon.

Kamine paused, placing a finger on her cheek as she pondered the question. With a shake of her head Gon's energy deflated, "You too Kamine?!" He fell to his knees in despair, "I guess I really don't stand a chance, huh?" He sighed.

"Here Gon, I'll break it down so that you can understand it." Killua frowned, picking up a stick before drawing in the sand. 

"If this is the gap between Hisoka and Hanzo," Killua drew an immature stick figure of Hisoka and Hanzo with a line connecting them, "Then the distance between you and Hisoka is..." He continued to draw down the line until he almost hit the fence on the other side of the park, "Roughly around here I'd say!" Killua called from a few yards away, "And I'm being generous!" He finished as Gon slumped in defeat.