XIV. SICK X AT X SEA

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

Kamine never mentioned she didn't like the sea, she realized as her feet dangerously swayed on the boat, her own nausea feeling almost suffocating. She held onto the railing as she tried not to gag. It was ridiculous, she was a trained butler who could endure all kinds of torture, and yet, she was seasick.

Her knees slid to the ground as she felt herself break out in a cold sweat. The entire endeavor was humiliating; she couldn't like anyone see her like this. Her hand glazed her bag as she pulled out her card, upon it "#301" was engraved in black lettering. Kamine frowned, she could remember whose number that was, she had memorized the numbers of all the remaining twenty-four applicants.

That didn't mean she was happy with her selection, "Gittarackur" was the owner of her badge. The man was strange and seemed to have difficulty walking normally, but Kamine knew he was undeniably strong.

He finished in third place after all. Kamine was still glad however, the number she didn't want most of all was Gon's. That is because unlike Killua's, where she would have no choice but to find three other targets or fail, she could be put in a situation where she had to fight Gon and retrieve his badge in order to pass the exam.

It was her duty as Killua's personal attendant to follow and protect him through the exam by whatever means necessary. The Zoldyck spy was already watching her, she couldn't afford to make any errors.

Then the realization dawned on the female, what if Gon had received her number? Then they would be forced to fight no matter what the circumstances were. She felt the urge to throw up, and she was sure at least 30% of it didn't have to do with being on a boat.

Kamine slapped her face— she needed to seem unfazed as she approached the deck with all the applicants. She had to check Gon's target and guarantee it wasn't her, or otherwise devise a plan to get around ruining the innocent ecstatic's exam.

The two boys were staring off into silence as Kamine stepped in front of them.

"Kamine!" Gon smiled as Killua just looked up in indifference. Kamine's stomach lurched in discomfort as she tried her best to keep her face stoic.

The girl frowned, she felt as if she opened her mouth to speak she would throw up, so she just opted for silence as she dug into her bag. The boys watched her in curiosity for a few moments before she shoved her card in their face.

"301?" Gon tilted his head as he grabbed the card, examining it, "Who's that?" Killua frowned as Kamine pointed a little ways away where Gittarackur was munching freakishly on some rations. "Yeesh-..." Killua cringed as he looked back at the girl, "Good luck, I'm glad your target just isn't one of us." Killua handed the card back to the girl who nodded in agreement.

There was an uncomfortable silence before Gon broke the ice, "How about this, Killua. We show our cards to each other and Kamine on the count of three." Gon declared as Killua agreed.