XII. ENEMIES X TO X LOVERS

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

Fifty hours. That's how much time they had lost due to Leorio's foolishness. Killua sighed, he was growing anxious, he didn't have fifty hours to wait while Kamine was fighting for herself in the tower. Albeit, he probably wouldn't be able to help her anyways. His match was next; his indifferent feet dragged across the black bridge as he came face to face with a blonde man.

It was a serial killer and the most threatening one out of the mix of prisoners. He rambled on and on about his background and record. Killua sighed before picking at his ears, he didn't sign up to hear this random man's life story, Besides, Killua's body count was far more impressive.

The boy didn't even let the man finish before he ripped out his heart, standing behind him with a menacing smile as the room grew silent. He enjoyed the shock and awe of the others as they stared at the boy, the only one who wasn't shocked was Gon. Granted, the boy already knew he was a trained assassin.

Killua smiled as he placed the heart in his hand, watching as the man's lifeless body flopped to the ground. He looked at his hand, it was tinged with blood. He frowned, his father would've tortured him as punishment for such a messy kill. Thankfully, his father was no where to be seen, nor watching him.

The body began to bleed as a puddle of blood began to form. The thick liquid began to stain his shoes, turning the blue fabric into a muddled dark brown.

A surge of deja vu overtook the boy as he remembered Kamine's shoes from the night before.

And even more chilling was the expression on her face,

The look of disapproval,

The look of disgust,

The look of disappointment.

Killua gasped as he was suddenly hit with a wave of nausea.

He jumped away from the body in fear as he resisted the urge to throw up. Anger bubbled in his body; he's never felt like this after a kill, everyone always praised him after such a deed. He found it difficult to control his breathing as he avoided eye contact with the body.

He turned away as tried to hide his gag, guilt clawing away at his stomach.

"Kamine..." He mumbled trying to halt his trembling as a different voice pulled him out of his spiraling thoughts.

"Killua? Are you alright?" Gon questioned from across platform. Killua shivered before turning towards the boy, faking a smile, "Yeah just got something stuck in my throat." He tried to steady his voice as Gon smiled, believing his words.

With his new win the team managed to pass the selection, only to be redirected to a small break room where they would be forced to spend their lost fifty hours. As comfy as the room was, he felt too uncomfortable and unnerved to relax as he opted for a spot in the corner as he buried his head in his arms.