XI. MISSING X THE X BEAT

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

"Kamine!" Gon called for the girl as Killua hissed, hitting the boy upon the head, "Idiot she must have entered a different room. You calling isn't going to bring her here!" Killua lectured the boy as Gon simply pouted, "You mean she picked the wrong door?" He rubbed his head sadly as Killua frowned.

"That's unlucky." Leorio butted in, "I mean we're all together, but who knows where she ended up." The man shifted. He didn't outright say it, but it was obvious he was concerned for the female.

"We promised we'd meet at the bottom. I'm sure she'll meet us there, no matter where she ended up." Kurapika reassured taking a seat against the wall, "We better get comfortable, it seems we won't be able to proceed until we get our fifth player." He explained as the group relaxed, each sitting against the wall as they began to kill time.

"Hey Killua, can I borrow your skateboard?" Gon asked the boy as Killua lifted up the board, normally Kamine carries the board for him but he never gave it back to her after their encounter the night before.

"Sure whatever." He mumbled, not finding the energy to play as he sat against the wall. Gon simply picked up the board before glancing down at Killua, "Is something wrong?" Gon inquired innocently as Killua sighed.

"No." The boy looked away bitterly as Gon sighed before cheering up, "Hey can you teach me that flip thing you did earlier?" Gon asked the boy as Killua looked up, glancing at the boy before looking away. Normally he'd perk up at such an opportunity but he felt too frustrated and depressed to move from the wall.

"Not right now Gon." He tucked his head into his knees as he let out a deep sigh. All he wanted was for this heavy feeling in his heart to go away, but with Kamine separated from the rest of the group and the missed opportunity he had to apologize to her, the distance between them only seemed to grow.

"She's not mad at you, you know." Gon interjected, taking a seat behind the boy as he leaned the skateboard against the wall, "She seems more hurt that you're avoiding her than anything." Gon explained as Killua looked up at the boy, Killua was shocked the boy recognized what was bothering him.

"She told me yesterday." Gon explained as Killua frowned deeper, Gon's words didn't make the boy feel better at all. He should've been glad she fell back on Gon when he pushed her away but he couldn't help the pit of jealousy that began to form in his stomach as he thought about Gon and Kamine talking and having fun without him.

She had been isolated her entire life but Killua could already see the connections she's made with the rest of the group. She has saved both Kurapika and Gon's lives, both of them harboring respect and adoration for the female because of it. Leorio has seemed to take a protective role over the girl as Gon specifically admires her abilities and dotes on her. Killua couldn't help but feel bitter, this was supposed to be his time away from home, Gon and the others were supposed to be his friends.