XVI. LET X HER X GO

-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-

When Killua arrived at the starting point, he was concerned that he couldn't see Gon, Kamine, nor any of the others. Killua anxiously picked at his nails, Kamine was never late before: something must've happened. Beyond that, her target, Gittarackur, was standing just a few feet away from him, completely unscathed.

The announcer was only minutes away from tallying the badge numbers before three new presences appeared from the forest. "Oh hold on! Three more applicants appear!" The enthusiastic announcer smiled as Killua sighed in relief, "Gon!" Killua smiled at the familiar face as the juniper boy shot him a thumbs up.

Killua frowned, Kamine was nowhere to be found. "Have you guys seen Kamine?" Killua whispered to the trio, none of them nodded.

"I saw Gittarackur while I was following Hisoka... Kamine wasn't with him." Gon shook his head in disappointment as Killua sighed, "Nothing we can do about it then, just where is she?" Killua furrowed his eyebrows as the announcer began pulling through some of the applicants badge collections.

"Alrighty then, congratulations Mr. Hanzo. Next up, Mr. Hisoka could you please show me the badges you collected?" The announcer asked the male as he smiled showcasing his badges, he first showed his target: number 384. He then followed with two other one point badges, 281 and 118.

"This one is a particular favorite of mine." He smiled sinisterly before showcasing the final badge, the number "100" was engraved onto it.

"Wait-! Is that...?!" Kurapika gasped as he recognized the owner of the badge.

"Kamine!" Killua growled feeling the animosity within him grow; he'd never forgive Hisoka if he hurt her. "Gon! You were following Hisoka! Did you see him attack Kamine?" Killua snapped his head towards the blackette boy but the boy had already vanished, marching directly over to the pin-infested giant, Gittarackur.

"What did you do to her?!" The enraged boy demanded grabbed the man's collar, "I saw you! The badge you gave Hisoka was her's!" Gon screamed. Killua had never seen the boy get so angry before, it would've been frightening if Killua wasn't just as— if not more enraged than Gon. "What did you do to Kamine!" He demanded.

"Mr. Gon!" The ginger employee panicked as she rushed to break up the fight, "The exam period is over. Any more aggression and you will be immediately disqualified from the exam!" The girl threatened but he only turned around.

"Like I care! He hurt one of my friends! I'll kill you!" Gon screamed as the examiner before he was roughly dragged away from the pin-filled man.

"Gon! Stop it! Don't jeopardize your exam over this! We'll find what happened to Kamine!" Leorio grabbed the boy, locking him in a hug as Kurapika stood between the infuriated boy and Gittackur.