Chapter 1

Welcome to my story! Please vote and comment!

Nini's eyes widened in surprise at the sight of a distressed blond digging into a boys neck. "I'm so sorry!" The blond sobbed before going back in for another bite.

To Nini it was clear that this was a new vampire and she made herself visible, but the blond still didn't notice her. "Hey, hey take it easy there." Nini mumbled softly and the blonds head shot up,

"Please, go away!" She gasped, fighting herself not to go back to eating the nearly dead boy. "I don't want to hurt you! I don't know what's happening to me!"

Nini smiled softly and placed a hand on the girls shoulder, causing her to jump slightly and try to speed away only for Nini to tighten her grip on her, forcing her to stay still.

"You're going to be ok, I can help you, I just need you to take a breath." The girl looked at the raven haired girl with watery eyes.

"Please, please help me. I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want to hurt my friends."

"I understand, but you can control it." Nini gently moved the now dead boys body away before helping the girl stand up. "You're a vampire, just like me. I know, it's scary. You're going to have to fight thirst, fight not to kill people, but there are also wonders that come with this life. There is speed, strength, immortality. And after you get past the hard part, you can enjoy it." The girl sniffed and Nini smiled softly.

"Tell me, what is your name?"

"Caroline." She sniffed.

"Well Caroline, by the sound of it I need to be going. But I think your friends are on their way to get you now. I do hope we meet again." Nini began to walk away, wanting to be a safe distance away before letting the sudden hope in her chest make its way out.

"Wait!" Nini stopped briefly, glancing back at Caroline. "You didn't tell me your name."

"Adalyn." She smiled as a human figure came running towards the two. "Goodbye Caroline."

And just like that, Adalyn Salvatore disappeared from Caroline Forbes sight.

Damon was the first to arrive, walking cautiously towards the distressed girl. "He's dead. I killed him. What's wrong with me?"

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I can help you." Damon comforted her, placing a hand on her shoulder just as Nini had moments ago.

"You can?"

"Yeah, I have to." Damon sighed, glancing around briefly.

"What are you going to do?"

"The only thing I can do, I'm going to kill you." Nini watched a few meters away, stunned to see her oldest brother for the first time in decades.

"Please don't! I don't want to die!" The blond begged and Damon rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, but your already dead." The Forbes girl shook her head in denial and Nini frowned, feeling sorry for the girl. It was clear she didn't want this life, that she was scared, and for some reason Nini's sweet, loving brother was taunting her for it.

"No! I'm not. Don't say that, okay? Just help me!" Caroline begged.

"Okay"

"Okay? Just help me please. Please, please!"

"Okay, Okay, it's the only way." Nini smiled, thinking her big brother had agreed to help as Damon embraced Caroline, only for her invisible cover to faulted slightly at the shock she felt when Damon began to raise a stake.

Right as Nini almost revealed herself to save the girl Stefan appeared, knocking the stake from Damon's hand and letting it fall to the ground.

"Stefan!" Damon yelled in anger. Nini was frozen. So, after all these years, this is how she saw her big brothers again? One trying to kill a poor, scared girl?