Chapter 6

Please vote and comment!

Turns out in retaliation to Damon killing Mason, Katherine decided to make Elena's Aunt stab herself. Thankfully, Jenna was fine and Liz had gone home so they didn't have to worry about that. Now Nini was sat across the couch from a very shaken Caroline. Damon walked towards the girls, a glass of blood in each hand and he offered the two a drink.

"Here." Caroline took it but Nini shook her head, turning so it looked like she was looking out of a window when in reality she was just hiding her face from Damon. "Nini, take it." Damon pressed but Nini shook her head again.

"I'm ok, I just had some." She lied and Damon watched her for a moment, not buying it for a second but Stefan walked in before he could press. 

"What happened?" Stefan asked, looking at the trio and Nini turned her face back towards her brothers. 

"Go ahead, tell him." Damon sat down in his favorite chair. "You're going to love this." 

"I saw Katherine today." Nini raised her eyebrows, having not heard the story yet.

"Where?" 

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt." Nini laughed under her breath and Damon rolled his eyes.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it." 

"Don't be mean." Nini scolded and Damon just stuck his tongue out playfully as his little sister. 

"She pretended to be Elena but of course I already knew Elena was at home so it didn't fool me. She wants me to send a message." 

"Well? What is it?" Stefan pressed and Caroline looked at each of the Salvatore's in turn. 

"She said to tell the Salvatore siblings that she wants the moonstone tonight or she will rip this town apart until it rains blood." Nini rolled her eyes at how dramatic Katherine was before standing up to go answer the knock at the door. "It's going to be tonight, at the masquerade ball." Nini thanked the post man and sifted through the mail. 

"Well, looks like my first normal party in Mystic Falls won't be tonight." Nini sighed as she handed the mail to Stefan, nothing catching her eye. 

"She wants to do it public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan spoke as he looked through the mail a bit deeper than Nini had. 

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon shrugged, going to fill his cup up with Alcohol this time. 

"We shouldn't underestimate her Brother." Nini walked by and took Damon's drink right as he went in for a drink, sipping it with a small smile on her face. "We have to play smarter than her. She may be a crazy, psychotic bitch but she's not stupid." 

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Nini stopped her pacing for a moment, her mind wandering to the moonstone. It wasn't for the wolf curse, and Katherine didn't need it for that. Someone else needed it. 

"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight." Damon slipped by and took his drink back, downing it before Nini could take it from his hands again. 

"You're not going to kill her." Damon scoffed. 

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap." 

"You're not going to kill her." 

"Stefan she's ruined our lives!" Nini exclaimed, confused on why her brother would want to help Katherine. 

"Because I am." Nini grinned and Caroline looked relieved. "Hey, look at this. There was a attack yesterday."