Chapter 8

Please vote and comment!

Nini hummed to herself as she hunted for a specific book in the library. She had been home once in her time away, in 1984, she had come to hide a journal. It had everything, everything she felt during her twenty year murdering spree, where she had been, and most importantly, information about the moonstone and the people who had told her about it. 

She didn't think she would see Elijah for at least a decade, let alone three months after she left. He had helped her gain control as she spent the years with him. He had told her everything, about his past, about his family, about his brother Klaus. That was why he wanted the moonstone, so Klaus couldn't get it. But could Nini tell anyone this? No. Elijah had compelled her not to, and in the time it was for her safety so no one could use her for information about it, but now it was just inconvenient. 

She continued to dig through the shelves, looking beside and behind other books until a noise made her stop. She flipped her switch and watched as the girl Rose came to a stop, looking around in confusion until Nini flipped her switch and quickly grabbed a stake, speeding around her and holding her in a headlock, stake pointed at her heart. 

"Please, please. I'm not here to hurt you!" She insisted but Nini's grip didn't falter. 

"Why are you here then?" 

"Lexi told me you and your brother were good ones." Nini released the girl and she walked away with a sigh of relief. Nini hadn't seen Lexi since the 60's, but she knew now that she had died. Though she didn't know how.

Nini heard a door close and Rose did too, both girls turning to see Stefan appear at the library entrance. "What is she doing here?" Stefan sped to his sisters side and Rose looked between the two, a curious look in her eyes.

"She knew Lexi." Nini whispered and Stefan raised an eyebrow. 

"Trevor was my best friend. For 500 years I have lived with one person and he's gone and I don't want to run anymore because I don't have anywhere else to run to." Nini felt bad for the girl, she knew what it was like to have to run from someone but to do it for 500 years? 

"Well I'm sorry but we can't help you." 

"I don't need your help but I think you need mine. Elijah may be dead but this isn't over." Nini shuffled on her feet. She knew Elijah, she knew he wasn't dead, he couldn't die. But if she told her brothers that, what would they do to him? And if she didn't tell her brothers, wouldn't they think she betrayed them? 

"What do you mean "it's not over"?"

"It isn't over. The originals, they'll come for her. They have to. They're doing it for him." Nini thought back to what Elijah had told her about his family. There was Klaus who she had met a few times and she knew what he had done to his siblings, yet there was something about him that made it difficult to hate him. Then there was Rebekah, Elijah was very fond of her but Nini had never met her because Klaus had daggered her. Same with Kol and Finn, Elijah told stories, but they were still daggered. 

"For who?" 

"Klaus." Did Rose know? Did Rose know what the real purpose of the moonstone was? 

"Oh sissy! Time for our family meeting!" Damon called out as Elena walked ahead of him to sit on the couch.

"Pass! I'm going out!" She called back down and finished pulling on a shirt as Damon appeared in the doorway of her room. 

"Nope, important Original gossip going on. Where do you have to go anyway?" Nini's grip tightened on the jacket she had picked up. 

"I'm going to meet a friend." Technically she wasn't lying.