Chapter 31

Please vote and comment!

Nini looked at the huge house as she walked up to it, her brothers on either side of her. "You didn't tell anyone else about the coffins, did you? Specifically Elena?" 

"No, I said I wouldn't." 

"I know what you said." 

"Why are you asking?" Nini could remember this place from a long time ago. When she was 13 she felt rebellious one night, she snuck out of the estate to meet her friends. She knew it was a bad idea but she was 13 and a boy she was interested in was going so she wouldn't miss the chance. 

They had went to the witch house, hearing claims that it was haunted by ghosts and other things. While inside she had tripped, a jagged piece of wood cutting her arm open therefor when she returned home and her father caught her sneaking in she couldn't lie her way out.

In fact, the girl was so terrified she froze, just looking at the furious Giuseppe Salvatore, her voice caught in her throat. That night she was beaten as she had seen him do to her brothers, luckily it was cut short because Stefan stopped him. Unluckily, he took the rest of the beating. Damon wasn't home then, he was fighting in the war.

Nini never snuck out again, and she and Stefan never told Damon what had happened to her. He never even saw the scar. 

"Because protecting the location of Klaus' family is my number one priority right now. And the fewer people who know, the better." Nini knew that comment was directed at her too, but she didn't care. 

The three walked inside and began for a staircase when suddenly Damon stopped. Nini and Stefan copied his actions. "What?" Damon didn't answer and Nini's eyes flickered to the bottom of the staircase where Bonnie was.

Seeing the three stop Bonnie did too, looking wearily between Nini and Damon. She could see Stefan at the moment because he was still off to the side infront of the doorway. Suddenly a hybrid rushed through the doorway, pouncing on Stefan and ready to bite him when Damon sped around, ripping his heart out from behind. 

"These Hybrids, really bringing the neighborhood down." He tutted, not noticing immediately when Nini's head snapped to the side and in a flash she was across the room and ripping the heart out of her own hybrid. 

"I know, it's making the locals go rabid." Damon gave her a half smile and she tried not to copy it though she failed. 

"I'm glad you guys find humor in this, really, but I've got to get to school." Something had clearly pissed off the witch as she exited the building, only pausing briefly to hug Nini.

"When did you get back? You didn't call or anything and we were worried." Nini smiled, hugging the witch tight.

"Yesterday, and I know, I'm sorry. I'll tell you about everything later." Bonnie nodded, taking a step back.

"We're throwing a birthday party for Caroline later, I'll text you the details." 

"Great, I'll be there." Bonnie smiled and left, leaving the Salvatore's with no one but each other. 

"So, you guys want to show me these coffins or are we going to stand here waiting for more dogs?" Damon smirked, leading the way down the stairs. 

"I present to you," Damon waved out an arm, "The Original family." There were four coffins, and Nini knew Elijah was inside one of them. 

"Hey, Nini, hand me that shovel." Nini sped across the room and grabbed the gardening tool, handing it to her brother who immediately beat down on the center coffin with it. 

"Damon!" Damon grunted in frustration, trying again. 

"You're wasting your time." Stefan's tone suggested he was bored. "It won't open."