Chapter 9

Please vote and comment!

"Hey Stefan." Nini smiled and he looked over at her from his spot on the couch. 

"Hey, I was worried. You haven't answered your phone and it was getting late." Nini, confused, went to check her phone for any calls only to find it dead. 

"Sorry, dead battery. I didn't notice. Where's Damon?" Nini went over at sat on the other end of the couch, pulling her legs up to rest them on Stefan's lap. 

"Upstairs asleep. You know, Elena didn't go to school today. She went and visited Katherine. The moonstone isn't a curse for Vampires and Werwolves Nin, it's for Klaus." Nini had to act surprised, Stefan had obviously already had a rough day and he didn't need the information of his sister having a friendship with an Original to go on top of that. 

"He needs the moonstone, a witch, a werwolf, a vampire, and a doppelgänger for a sacrifice which means," 

"He needs Elena." Nini breathed and Stefan nodded, a sour expression on his face. 

"Thats why Elijah wants her, for Klaus. But I'm not going to let that happen, I won't let them get her." Nini could see the determination on her brothers face and it was then she realized how much he truly loved Elena. He was willing to fight two Originals for her. Two Originals that could very easily kill him. 

"The sacrifice can only happen on the night of a full moon because that's when Klaus will be in transition. We'll have to despell the moonstone before then and Elena will be safe." Nini, not thinking anything of the words that had just left her lips, sat silently as Stefan thought over her words. 

"How do you know that?" Nini looked across the couch to her brother as her blood ran cold. Of course she had to screw it up. 

"I've been around today, heard a few things." She lied quickly and even though Stefan didn't seem to believe her at all he let it go.

"Damon, Rose and Rose' friend were attacked in a Café down in Richmond, someone shattered the glass and Rose nearly burned to death." Guilt washed over Nini, she had stood idly by while Elijah almost killed Rose.

"That's horrible, do you know who did it? Is she ok?" 

"Yeah, she's fine and no we don't know who did it. So did you have fun with your friend today?" Nini shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess. It was more just catching up. I really missed them." Stefan watched his sister as her eyes traveled anywhere but to his. He could tell something was bothering her, and last time he had ignored that feeling she lost control and killed people. Of course Stefan couldn't stop thinking about Elena and how to save her, but no matter how far his love for her went a small part of him knew that he would protect Nini above her no matter what. He may love Elena, but he had loved Nini for 150 years more. He would always protect her.

"You should get something to eat then head to bed. Damon and I are going to get the moonstone from Katherine tomorrow morning, you wanna come?" Nini was surprised that Stefan invited her and eagerly nodded, glad to be of some help.

"Yeah, that sound good. I'm going to take a shower and head to bed then. Good-" 

"Get something to eat." Stefan cut her off, not letting her slip away. 

"I had some today." Before Nini could get away Stefan was gone from the couch and back infront of her with a blood bag, tearing it open infront of her. Immediately dark veins ran down her face and her fangs began to poke from her gums. 

"Liar." Nini rolled her eyes and took the blood bag, barely resisting the urge to sink her fangs into it as she drank from the tube, emptying it in 30 seconds.