Chapter 12

Please vote and comment!

"You ready?" Nini smiled at Stefan as she propped her phone up on a pillow so it was facing her.

"Remind me what we're doing?" Stefan was trying to keep a smile on, imagining in his head that they were human and young again, a 16 year old Stefan taking care of a 13 year old sick Nini because no one else would.

"I'm going to tell you about Elijah, but I'm going to use this fascinating video recorder as I tell you so you can show everyone incase I- you know." Nini trailed off and Stefan sat next to her. 

"What did I tell you? You're not dying." 

"It's just for precautions. Now, ask away." Nini hit record and looking at Stefan expectantly. 

"How do you know Elijah?" 

"It was 1982, I was still on a murderous rampage and unable to control myself but there was also a hunter after me. I was stupid and he caught me, that was the first time I had ever been vervained. He tied me up somewhere and began to torture me for information about you and Damon but after two week when I wouldn't give he had finally decided to just kill me." 

"You let yourself be tortured to protect us?" 

"Hush, I'm speaking." Nini snapped and Stefan put his hands up in defense. "At the time I didn't know that Elijah was trying to track me down, he had been for a while. He was the only person to realize that I was out of control but he was having trouble tracking an invisible vampire. He finally did find me, but didn't kill the hunter for a reason I don't know. He did compel him though, forced him to torture himself for a full week every month until he died. I would've died, Elijah saved my life." 

"He took me in up until about five months ago when the hunter finally died. He helped me learn control and he kept me safe. I'm forever grateful for him." It suddenly became crystal clear to Stefan why Nini was so fond of the Original, he had saved her life and pulled her from her darkest place when he and Damon didn't, he saved her life in more ways then one. "I didn't tell you guys about him because I feared that if you knew that I was connected to him, you would hate me. I now know that that is not true and I'm glad. You all should know though, Elijah is trying to protect Elena, not hand her over to Klaus. Also, he is a noble man, he never breaks his word. Anything else you want to know?" 

"I would like to know why you didn't bother to tell me that you had bitten by a werewolf." Stefan was on his feet immediately at the sound of the voice and Nini smiled. 

"Because I knew you would overreact. I maybe can't hide it from my brothers but I can from you. Shoo shoo, it's rude to enter a ladies room without permission." Elijah smiled softly and walked nearer to her, looking around the bedroom. 

"I do believe that this room belongs to your brother therefore it is not a ladies. You should have told me." Elijah stopped infront of Stefan, showing some respect by not going any nearer to Nini. 

"You're Elijah." The Original nodded and Nini began to have a coughing fit, making both men look at her. "Can you help her? Do you know the cure?" 

"I'm afraid I've never heard of one, but I have many connections. Give me a few hours, I will find one." Elijah carefully stepped past Stefan and approached Nini who had layed back down instead of sitting up. "I ask that you not die while I'm away, can you promise me that?" Nini smiled faintly, her energy suddenly draining rapidly. 

"I'm not sure." Nini muttered, her eyelids becoming suddenly heavy.

"Give me your word. I want your word that you will not die as I'm looking for a way to save you, give me your word."