Chapter 18

Please vote and comment if you enjoy!

Damon had left to help Stefan and Elena at the Lockwood Mansion after filling Nini in on everything she had missed so now it was just Nini in the big house, only the large stack of books next to her for company and honestly, she was perfectly fine with that. 

She was lost in her most recent book when she heard the front door shut followed by extremely quick footsteps leading to what sounded like Damon's room. "Stefan?" Nini called out, marking her place and setting the book down. "Damon?" She flipped her switch and walked through the house to Damon's room, surprised to see Katherine rummaging around in the fireplace before going to the bathroom to wash her hands.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" Nini mumbled and watched Katherine reach into the soap bowl only to pull out something that was extremely familiar. A smirk on the vampires face, she pocketed the moonstone and began to leave but Nini flipped her switch back right infront of her only for Katherine to vanish. 

"I figured you were hanging around." Before Nini could react Katherine's hands were around her neck and she jerked it to the side, breaking the youngest Salvatore's neck. "Honestly, you're like a parasite. No wonder your brothers try and keep you locked up." 

Katherine left the girl dead on the floor, feeling victorious with the magical stone in her pocket. 

Damon wandered up to his bedroom without alerting his sister, figuring she was reading somewhere and not wanting to bother her. He wiped some ofJohns blood off his hands and pulled his shirt over his head before answering Stefan's phone call. 

"Stefan? How'd I beat you and Elena home?" Stefan began to respond but Damon stopped abruptly, staring at the floor. 

"Damon? Did you hear me?" Stefan questioned and Damon kneeled down next to his sister, gently brushing her hair from her face before lifting her up gently and carrying her to his bed. 

"Nini was attacked. I just found her with her neck snapped on my floor." 

"What?" Damon sped into the bathroom to check for the moonstone and sure enough it was gone. In anger, the Salvatore grabbed the bowl and through it to the ground. 

"Of course it was the bitch. Get your car, we're going to Isobels. I swear I'll kill them both myself." Damon hung up and quickly found some paper, scrawling out an explanation note for Nini quickly and leaving it on the nightstand before going to meet Stefan. 

"Predator man in our sitting room, check. Elena's mother dead, check. Elena soon owning our house for her safety, check. Me finally done with an exhausting amount of events, stamp that shit down." Nini entered the library where Stefan and Damon were talking after finally waking up causing Stefan to grin.  

"About time you officially joined the party." Nini smiled softly and Stefan wrapped her in a hug. "I'm glad you're back." Nini hummed in response and moved away from Stefan, taking a glass off the table. 

"Yeah, me too." The brothers exchanged glances, it clear to them that Nini wasn't herself. 

"Well, on a good note, Bonnie said the spell worked. She's locked and loaded." Damon said gleefully.

"At least something went right today. Katherine has no idea that Bonnie got her powers back." 

"Uh huh." Damon agreed and Nini felt herself begin to zone out. 

"And Isobel had no idea what you and Jeremy took Bonnie to do today."

"Uh huh." Without her permission Nini's mind wandered to recent memories, those from when her emotions were off only hours ago. All the bodies, not just earlier, in the bar, that mail person, the hundreds of innocent people she had murdered because she just didn't care.