Chapter 11

Please vote and comment!

"So you've got little miss suicide under control?" Damon spoke to Bonnie on speaker as he finished buttoning up his shirt. 

"Yeah, but she's pissed. She doesn't want to just sit here." 

"Well to bad. Tell her if she would quite trying to get herself killed she could walk the streets freely. Anyway, I'm going to visit Stefan then I'll be over to take my shift on Elena duty." 

"What about Nini? Is she ok?" No one had ever bothered to tell Bonnie or Caroline that Nini was back home safe or that she was connected to Elijah, that is unless Elena already spilled. 

"We found her, she's connected with our Original buddy somehow but I'll worry about that later." Damon lifted up his phone and left his room, walking down the hall to Nini's. "I'll wake her up and then be on my way. I'll probably bring her with me, I don't want her to get lonely." Damon pushed open the door and stopped when he saw her empty bed. 

"Look at you, actually acting like a caring brother." Bonnie's voice was full of sarcasm on the others end but Damon didn't shoot back with some snippy remark. 

"Shut up. On second thought, I might be a bit behind, Nini's not here." 

"What are you-" Damon didn't let her finish and ended the call, speeding down to the sitting room and around the house looking for his sister.

 "Hey, Nini!" He got no answer and went back upstairs, walking past the bedrooms and towards the library when soft breathing from Stefan's room made him stop. 

Damon pushed the door open and sure enough there was Nini, looking smaller than ever in the middle of a mass of pillow fast asleep. He walked towards his sister, noticing her phone next to her hand and he picked it up carefully without disturbing her. There was an unread message on her screen and even though Damon wouldn't usually go through her things, how bad could it be, right? 

"I hope you've gotten home safe. I would've returned this in person but you were not around when I arrived therefor I left it for you. I hope your brothers are treating you well. Please do attempt to come out of your dark space, the world isn't the same without your smile."  The name at the top read "'Lijah'" and Damon immediately knew it was the Original. He placed the device on the nightstand and let his eyes settle on Nini's peaceful face. 

Damon couldn't even begin to imagine what Elijah had done to his sister to make her think that he was some angle and it genuinely worried him at the possibilities. "I'll be home soon, sissy." He softly kissed her forehead before disappearing. 

"It's a love story baby just say yes-" Nini sang softly to herself as she sorted through the library for the second time. She had begun listening to new music and so far she had decided Taylor Swift was her favorite, her songs were much different then what she would listen to on the radio in the 60's. 

It was a bit past noon and she was yet to hear from Damon so she decided to call him. Again. 

"Hello there Sissy." 

"I've called you three times." 

"Sorry, been busy. So, whatcha up to?" Nini took some more books off shelves and set them in stacks as she looked behind them. 

"Just browsing the library. You haven't seen a journal around, have you?" 

"You'll find them in Stefan's room, he keeps them in a drawer in his desks." Of course he thought she was talking about one of Stefan's. 

"Yeah, ok. Where are you? I'm bored." She had done everything without leaving the house, tried on many new outfits, had a concert in the shower, ate something, and she had been digging through the stupid old library for two hours. Ok, so the library wasn't stupid, she loved it to be honest. She was just annoyed.