Chapter 27

Please vote and comment!

"You too, Nin. It's been a long day."

Not feeling like complaining, Nini trudged up the stairs, feeling a thousand years old instead of a couple hundred. She didn't acknowledge the fact that her bedroom door was already open as she walked in, approaching her dresser before the sound of a guitar made her head snap to the side.

"Stefan? What are you doing in my room?" The Salvatore didn't look up and continued to strum on Nini's guitar. Well, technically it was his but still.

"Noticed something of mine was missing, I figured you had it." He let the guitar rest on her bed cover before standing up and wandering around the room, his fingers brushing over different things of hers.

"Well, I'm tired. So if you don't mind then- hey, don't touch that." She darted across the room and snatched her journal from her brothers hands, holding it tightly to her chest. 

"You seriously kept this?" Nini looked up again to see him with a small necklace in his hand, nothing fancy, just old. 

"Of course I did, you gave it to me." The Salvatore didn't say anything and instead set it on the dresser, brushing past his sister as he left. Strange. Nini thought to herself. At least he didn't break anything. 

"Hey, you ok?" She jumped slightly when Damon appeared, surprising her a bit. 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Stefan was in here, I was just about to go to bed." Nini walked over to her brother and kissed his cheek softly before beginning to shut her door. "Goodnight Damon." 

"Uh, yeah. Good night I guess." He had just come to check up on her, make sure she hadn't shut down or anything. She was handling it better than he thought, at least she appeared to be. 

Damon walked down the stairs, slightly annoyed when he had to step over the two dead girls on his Persian rug. He went into the livingroom and saw Stefan sitting on the couch, a few girls infront of him as they played twister. 

"Uh oh, Alexandra, left hand please." The girl reached her arm up and Stefan bit into her wrist, beginning to drink from her. 

"Hey, the two brunnettes on the staircase owe me a new rug." Damon complained, glaring at his brother. 

"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug? It's my house, too, brother. Ooh! Would you like a spin?" He held up the spinner and Damon scoffed. 

"Did you forget that our baby sister is upstairs? Our extremely sensitive about things like this, baby sister?" 

"She's not a baby, Damon. Just little sister to be honest. And that's the fabulous thing about shutting it off, I don't care. She could have a peice of wood through her chest and I wouldn't bat an eye." Damon's features darkened and in a second he lunged at his brother, grabbing him by the throat and slamming him against the wall. 

"If you do anything to her I swear I'll-" 

"Damon? Stefan?" Damon stopped mid threat, turning to see and tired looking Nini stepping over the two bodies on the stairs. She was wearing an oversized shirt and shorts, her hair tied up in a bun on top of her head. "Damon? What are you doing?" Damon glared back at Stefan, who had a smirk on his face, before shoving him against the wall once more and letting go.

"Nothing, you're up early." 

"It's nine in the morning." Nini responded flatly, heading to the kitchen. "Why are there dead girls?" 

"Our brother here just needs to control himself. You hungry?" Nini only hummed in response and grabbed a blood bag from the fridge, the veins under her eyes darkening the second it was in her hand. "Nini.." Damon warned but she shook her head.