Chapter 2

Please vote and comment!

Nini made her way down the stairs, not bothering to be quiet because no one could see or hear her. Nini hummed quietly as she made her way down to the basement, grabbed a bloodbag, and went back upstairs, being fully visible on the way up. Right as she was about to go up the stairs again a figure made her stop. 

Damon Salvatore was, as usual, pouring himself a drink a few meters away facing the fire, completely oblivious that the girl he had searched the globe for for decades was now standing behind him. She didn't even move towards him, the shock of being so close to one of the two people she had missed the most setting in until Damon stopped andbefore Nini could blink, she was shoved against a wall and she felt a sharp pain through her chest, nearly missing her heart.

Immediately she went invisible, dropping to the ground as she coughed. One issue with Nini's "power" was that she couldn't carry things while being unseen, but if something was inside her it could be hidden too. It was very inconvenient. 

"What the hell?" Damon was looking at empty air, oblivious that he had not only just nearly staked his little sister but she was at his feet as well. "Stefan!" Damon yelled, clearly confused. "Stefan get your ass down here!" In the blink of an eye Stefan was at Damon's side, looking partially drugged thanks to the fact that he was yelled awake. 

"What is it?" Stefan asked groggily and Damon rested his hand on the wall. 

"Someone was just here, I staked someone, I know it. But now the person and the stake is gone. What the hell is happening?" Stefan's eyes widened and he glanced around. 

"Right here? In this spot?" Damon nodded. "Shit. Nini!" 

"What?"

"Nini, come on," Nini coughed and just like that she was in front of the brothers again. "Oh my god, Damon why did you stake her!" Damon didn't answer, in shock at the sight of his sister and Stefan helped the girl lean against the wall. 

"I think," Nini coughed again. "I think he missed my heart. It's close though." 

"Ok, ok. Just, don't move. I'm going to get it out." Nini nodded and whimpered when Stefan shifted the stake so it wasn't so close to her heart. 

"Wha- How- Nini?" Damon stuttered, still in shock. "I just staked my sister.." Damon dropped down beside Nini and took her hand, squeezing it. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was you. What are you doing here?" 

"Wow, Damon Salvatore is capable of apologizing." Stefan mumbled and Nini grunted. 

"There is still a piece of wood in me!" Stefan yanked the stake out and Nini groaned, turning her body away from Damon. "I'll be right," the girl mumbled after a few minutes, vanishing infront of the pairs eyes before speeding upstairs to change from her blood covered shirt. 

"Did you have to stab her?" Stefan asked angrily and Damon just glared at his brother. 

"You didn't tell me she was back? What's wrong with you Stefan!" 

"I didn't know she was even here until last night while you were at Duke and she didn't want to call you. I'm guessing she just wanted to see you in person and I didn't want to spoil that for her." Damon groaned and rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I just stabbed our baby sister." He shook his head at himself. 

"Its alright, no real damage done." Both brothers watched Nini walk down the staircase, now in Damon's shirt. Damon didn't care, he only grinned at his baby sister and she sped over to him, jumping up and hugging him. "Hi big brother." Damon looked past her at Stefan as he squeezed his sister, still registering that the person he missed most in the world was in his arms.