Chapter 15

Please vote and comment if you enjoy!

Nini was alone with a drink in hand when a man approached her, her defenses up immediately. "Hello, I don't believe we've met. Im John Gilbert." Of course her suspicions were correct. This was Elena's failure father. 

"Oh, yes. The man who tried to burn my big brother to a crisp. I've heard of you." Nini sipped her drink and looked around for the brother in question with no success. 

"You're a Salvatore." He pointed out the obvious and Nini took a half step away from him. "Interesting, I didn't know Damon and Stefan had a sister." Alaric had noticed the two now and was quickly making his way through the crowd to get Nini. 

"And my change age says I'm a minor so, goodbye." Nini tried to walk away but John clamped a hand on her arm, nearly causing her to disappear. She was well aware of the things this man had tried to pull on her brothers in the past and she didn't doubt that he would do the same to her. 

"I was just going to ask you a few questions." Nini glanced wearily at his hand when suddenly he was torn off her. 

"Back off the girl, will you?" Alaric didn't give him a chance to respond and led Nini away, the girl letting out a breath of relief. "You alright?" Nini nodded. 

"Perfect timing, didn't give him time to interrogate me. Thank you." 

"It's no problem." 

"Have you seen Damon? I think I'm nearly done with this party, I've had enough polite conversations and introductions. I guess the parties I'm used to have more dancing and my brother doesn't abandon me." Alaric chuckled and nodded towards a closed door. 

"He's in there. But I'm just warning you-" 

"Thank you Alaric." Nini hurried towards the door and went inside only to see Elijah holding Damon against the wall by his throat, a pencil lodged in her brothers neck. 

"Boys!" Nini snapped and Elijah looked back at her before dropping her brother. "That is enough! This is a party for hells sake!" Damon yanked the pencil from his neck and glared at Elijah as the Original pulled out a handkerchief and wiped Damon's blood from his hands. 

"I'm an Original," his words were directed at Damon and he held a hankie infront of him. "Show a little respect." Damon snatched the piece of cloth and held it against his wound. "I apologize for our behavior, Nini. I understand you take things like this seriously." Nini huffed angrily and walked past him towards Damon, pushing his chin up to examine his neck. 

"You idiot, did you have to pick a fight?" She scolded and wiped spare blood. 

"I didn't even start it! He did!" 

"Elijah wouldn't pick a fight unless provoked, you on the other hand, would." Damon, looking highly offended, took the red tinted cloth back from his sister and Nini pointed to the door. "Out, im ready to go home. I've been harassed by Elena's creepy father and now you've decided to act like a child. This party went downhill fast." Damon walked towards the door and Nini went to follow but Elijah cleared his throat, making her stop. 

"I'll meet you in the car Damon. Don't do anything stupid." Damon hesitated but left, deciding not to piss off his little sister any more. 

"Im glad you are alright. I was worried when I heard the news." Nini sighed and turned to look at him, trying to keep her anger down. 

"Yeah? Well you sure have hell of a way to show it." She failed. "I'm glad you finally 'see fit' to speak with me, I was under the impression that you didn't want to hear from me at all."