Chapter 21

Shoutout to @IzumiTakahashi279 for being the first person to comment on any of my chapters. Thanks so much!

Please vote and comment if you enjoy!

"So you don't remember anything that happened?" Everyone had made their way to the living room, Nini noticing Damon walk upstairs instead.

"No. It's like I blacked out and woke up three days later. Katherine was there." Nini and Elijah exchanged glances. Deep down they knew Klaus wouldn't kill her, but they at least expected her to be hidden better.

"She's under compulsion. Damon snuck her some vervain, but she can't leave until Klaus tells her she can." Stefan explained and Alaric nodded in understanding.

"Where is Damon?" Elena suddenly asked and Nini pointed towards the stairs.

"I saw him go up to his room. Will you check on him?" Elena nodded before heading up the stairs.

"So what else did I do?"

"Just set up an elaborate scheme to kill us all, call out Elena and Nini, nearly kill Bonnie, practically send Nini to hell." Nini stiffened as Stefan listed off some events and Alarics mouth opened in shock.

Elijah looked down at Nini as he leaned against the back of her chair, noticing her discomfort immediately. The Original causally moved to the side, just far enough to reach his hand down and take Nini's, running his thumb across the back of her hand comfortingly.

It was almost instant how easily she relaxed, her shoulders loosening up and her breathing becoming more level. "Nini, im-"

"It's alright, Ric." Nini cut him off, "It wasn't really you, I know that." Alaric seemed relieved and was about to respond when Stefan stood up quickly, looking up to the stairs and Nini heard it immediately after him.

"Elena?" Nini called as Stefan disappeared, the sound of struggling ceasing by the sound of a large crash.

"What did you do?! Huh? What did you do?!" Nini could hear Stefan shouting upstairs and Elena crying, her worry rising.

"I'll be right back, stay here." She released Elijah's hand and sped upstairs in time to see Stefan throw Damon over a wardrobe, smashing a lamp as he went down.

"Stefan!" Elena yelled from her place on the floor and Nini was horrified to see blood on the corners of the girls lips.

"Elena, oh my God!" Tears rolled down Elena's cheeks and Nini knelt next to her, trying to calm her.

"It's going to be ok, im so sorry he did this to you," She immediately apologized for her brother right as Damon crushed Stefan against a wall, the remaining wooden stand from the lamp in his hands.

"Admit it. You just wish you had the balls to do it yourself." Damon spat and Stefan snarled, shoving Damon backwards before beginning to punch him multiple times, blood beginning to pool on Damon's face with each blow.

"Stop it! Stefan!" Nini yelled but they didn't listen as Stefan landed another blow, throwing Damon to the ground next to the splintered lamp post. Stefan began to send another blow when Damon grabbed the post, turning quickly.

"No!" Nini yelled, darting infront of her brother and within a second she felt the wood pierce her skin, driving straight through her torso. Nini gasped in pain, Damon's shocked eyes meeting her own as she fell to her knees.

"No, no. Nini-" Damon attempted to reach out for her but Stefan grabbed him by the shirt, throwing him towards the door.

"Get out!" He roared as Alaric and Jenna came into the room closely followed by Elijah's suddenly appearance.