Hostage

"Cousin where are you?"I say through my microphone.

I had gone to see how my cousins were because I heard Jake had grounded them but when I got to their tent none of them were there, not even Tuk so I knew... I just knew that they must have done something stupid.

"We're... at the old base" Kiri answered.

I murmur a curse.

"Hey, Jake grounded you... you shouldn't be out, let alone at the old base" Why are this kids always getting in trouble?

"I know, I know, we're coming back soon, Anatuat" Kiri answers in that tone she's been using lately.

"You better be" I say and cut.

I might regret my desition but I think I should go to the base and make sure they all come back safe so I call my Ikran and fly there.

When I get there I see Na'vi, they could be part of Jake's team but... they're dressed like the sky people.

They have the kids by their braids so this way I can't communicate with them and risk getting them injured or worse, so I'll have to call my aunt.

"Neytiri... the kids are in trouble" I begin.

"We know, Lo'ak called us some time ago but... we're still not there. How do you know?" She answers.

"I went looking for them and they weren't in their tent, then Kiri told me where they were but... they're surrounded."

"We're still hours away, but wait for us, once we're there we'll divide and get rid of them" Jake says.

"Copy that" I answer and hide.

I wait for hours and hours, I guess the soldiers are waiting for Jake and Neytiri too because they haven't gone and rain and night are already upon us.

I start playing with my axe, a nervous reflex, wondering if I could be able to take out two or three of them at the same time if I throw it hard enough, but I would never risk hurting the kids.

After one more hour my aunt and uncle are here, finally. They tell me the plan and I position myself.

Neytiri calls for the kids and soon everything is a mess of sound, bullets and death.

I take out a few of them that were in the perimeter and after some more shots I see that the kids are able to free themselves and they run, Spider is a little behind but I cover him as I urge him to hurry up.

"Duck!" I shout at him and the monkey boy slips and falls. I see Kiri trying to go back and help him but Neytiri pulls her away and they go.

I could go... I could leave the kid there but he's always been kind to me so I hiss in desperation as I regret my desition and slide down to try and carry him away, only that I'm surprised when I find one of them down there and he's faster than me when pointing his gun at my head.

I move my arm ready to take my axe and swing at this demon but he shots right beside my head, the sound so loud I feel like it left me deaf.

He takes advantage of that and cuffs my arms in front of me, puts Spider over his arms and talks to someone.

A stair falls from the sky and he makes me climb up dragging me by my braid. I wanted to let Jake or Neytiri know what happened but he pulls again and I hurry up the damn ladder.

"Sully is gone but I bring hostages" the man says and they start flying away.

I curse again and again in my mind as I get dragged into a glass cage and they take Spider to another place.