Trip back home

"I can't believe it," I whisper to Miles. We're laying face to face, his arm resting on my hip.

We still have some time before everyone is up.

"What?"

"Going back home... I've been gone for almost a year. I wonder what my mom will think of all of this," I say.

Miles closes his eyes and sighs.

"To be honest I'm very afraid of your people, I don't know how they're gonna react," he says.

"Well... they can be surprised at first but... they'll see you. I thaught you well when we were still at the base in the forest,"

"Yes, you did," he says agreeing, his arm pulls me a little closer to him.

I close my eyes and try to burn this moment into my mind, being safe in his arms, somewhere nothing is wrong and it's just the two of us.

"We need to be strong and focused," he says as one of his hands caresses my back.

I know. I don't want to think about it.

I just nod and get closer to him.

"Anatuat," I lean my head up to look into his eyes.

"We're going to be okay, this... this is all going to be okay," he tells me. His words immediately make my eyes water and all this fear I've been keeping inside me gets out again.

I sob and hide my face in his chest, Miles sighs and holds me tightly.

He probably knows I was holding onto that for too long.

"We're-"

"Don't say it. Don't make promises... that's how tragedies happen," I interrupt him. He instead holds me close.

We're soon interrupted by Nakoa's cries and Miles gets up first to go see him.

After we tend to him we go to Jake and Neytiri's tent.

Miles still holds our son.

"Hi," I greet.

"Hello," Neytiri greets me with a big hug. "And the little guy!" She says looking to Nakoa on Miles's arms.

"He just calmed down," Miles explains as Neytiri runs a finger down Nakoa's nose.

"Uncle," I greet Jake.

"Thanks for looking out for them," He tells me, his arm is resting over Neteyam's shoulders as he holds him close.

"No problem," I reply.

We talk a little about how everything went, not all the clans want to join in, even with all that Jake and everyone else explained to them.

So he says that we're going back home and he'll try to claim Toruk again.

We have barely any time to lose as the humans have already come up with something and they're going to attack, at least that's what Miles and Jake are sure about.

The clans that accepted to help are already moving to come and get to the forest since the base is very near. I can't believe this is happening.

I mean I can, but I can't. The real weight of what all this means sends chills through my spine.

"We should fly by day so, pack your things. We're going home," Jake says. Neytiri's eyes get watery.

We're going home.

My cousins start cheering and Tuk jumps up and down excitedly.

I wave goodbye and make my way to our tent, Miles is right behind me.