Not blue

Today is a new day and I don't really feel at home. I mean, I am, but it doesn't feel like it.

I guess it has to do with the fact that we're here hiding, preparing for a war that pends over us, and like last time... maybe we won't call this place home anymore.

Miles was not beside me when I woke up so I waited and fed Nakoa before going out to look for him. He probably went to work out.

I find him talking with Jake and Neytiri and when they see me he waves goodbye and comes to get me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing, it's okay. Jake's going to try and claim Toruk again and well, I offered to take some guarding turns," he hurries to explain.

"Wait, what guarding turns? We don't have..." Understanding hits me.

"You proposed them,"

"We can't be relaxed, camping like everything is okay. We need to be alert in case they're coming," He tells me.

"So you chose, once again, to always be out in danger," I say.

"Anatuat... you know that's not it," he says.

Nakoa stirs a little in my arms and I look down to make sure he's okay. I sigh.

"What shift are you taking?"

"The... night one," he says.

"Miles!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, let's go to our tent," he says taking my hand.

"No, let's just talk here," I say.

My lips pursed.

"Don't be mad..." he chants.

"Don't be mad... I love you, Anatuat, and I love these people and I want to protect them. Someone needs to keep an eye out, what if the humans decided to attack just now and there's no one to alert us?" he says.

I remember when I was little... and Jake was too late to tell us what would happen... how many of us died, all the tragedy surrounding those days.

"Can you at least... change? I mean, can you ask for the day shift?" I ask looking down.

His hand goes from my hand to my arm and then up to my face.

"I can do that," he says brushing my cheek.

"Okay," I respond. I'm still not happy. But someone should keep an eye out.

"Have you eaten yet?" he asks.

"No, but Nakoa has," I say.

"I'll take him," Miles smiles and prepares to take our son in his arms.

He takes my hand as we walk back to our tent.

"I got some worms in my early run," he says taking something off of his side, he had them in a bag.

"You want to cook those and I make a quick side?" I ask.

He agrees and soon we're ready to eat.

He holds Nakoa in his arms as we sit side by side and eat.

"Do you think he'll be able to Claim Toruk again?" Miles asks me.

"Yeah... there's a reason why he could claim it the first time. Just... maybe it was easier at that time," I say chewing.

Miles nods.

"What about Spider, have you seen him?" he asks.

"No... not really, I've been here and then I went to see you, do you want to go to the base? check how he is?"