Ametrine

*** QUICK NOTE:
Guyyyyysss! I forgot to put this at the end of the chapter but, how much would you hate me if Spider dies?"***

I don't know who did it but by night Spider comes to our tent, I don't try to hug him or anything but I offer him some of what Miles and I were eating.

"Hey just a heads up, the baby will probably cry so I apologize for that," I say.

Miles turns to look at him in warning, if he's rude to me again I don't know what he'll do.

"I'll cover my ears then," he responds. He has to take his mask off every few minutes to take a spoonful of food.

This reminds me of why I wanted to send him back to Norm and I give Miles a look.

I hear the baby complain and I hurry to his side.

"What happened?" Miles asks concerned.

"Maybe he just wants to move or it's cold or something," I say. I grab Nakoa in my arms and walk to sit a little closer to the fire.

I smile looking down at him and give him my finger, he takes it with his tiny hand and calms down a little.

"You need to let us sleep today Nakoa," Miles says smiling down to our son.

I lift my eyes a little to Spider and notice that he's looking at us, feeling left out of the picture.

"Don't you want to come meet him?" I offer.

Spider chews on his lip and shakes his head a little.

"Come on, meet the little one. His name means brave and that he is loved," Miles explains. Not quite, but yeah.

"No thanks," Spider replies.

I won't insist with that, if he even dares to say or do anything to Nakoa I am going to go feral.

I think Miles feels something similar because he doesn't insist anymore.

"Tomorrow we need to make his songcord," I tell him with a smile on my face.

"Okay," he replies.

"He has five fingers," Spider says suddenly, I lift my head looking at him.

"Yeah but no brows, a little different to my cousins," I say.

"It's fine, five fingers means he can give better punches," Miles says and Spider snickers. It's the first time he hasn't scowled at us today.

Miles smiles softly.

"You better teach your son something else than fighting," I warn him.

"He'll master many things, you teach him the way of your people, he'll learn some of the people from here and I'll teach him other stuff," he says proud.

Spider looks to the ground and then puts the plate down.

"I just want to sleep," he says and starts going to another side of the tent.

"How's your leg?" Miles asks him.

"I'm fine,"

"But the blood-"

"When we were getting out I stabbed someone that was after us and then I got myself dirty, I'm fine," he says.

I don't want to press him so I just nod and rest my hand on Miles's arm to indicate him to do the same.

Spider goes to his side and lays down, Miles and I take care of some things before going to sleep.

When we are ready we place Nakoa on his crib next to us and we lay down.