Time goes by

The next day we're eating in our pod, Spider is here but we couldn't convince him to eat.

That's something else that has been weird and difficult for him, whether at the forest or the ship, he had the chance to eat and live without the mask sometimes but here... he can't.

I honestly don't know where or when he eats.

"They don't really teach me any of that," Spider says.

We're talking about how different they breathe here. Tonowari and Jake
taught Miles about that and Ronal taught me, Neytiri didn't really learn, not because she can't but because that would meant that she left her own tribe behind, the forest people.

Anyways, now we're here.

"It's kind of like diving, but with this lungs it's impressive how long you can hold your breath," Miles says tapping his ribs twice.

We continue eating until Spider talks.

"Do you... have any memories of things like that? From the army?" He asks Miles.

"Well," Miles licks his lips and cleans his fingers. "Yeah, as you know I have an extensive training and yes, at some point we also dived,"

I don't know if I want to ask him more, because while I know that this are skills he now has, I know that they come with terrible things that happened to him. Or maybe not him.

Spider is about to ask him something else when Jake appears at the entrance.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Jake tells Miles.

I shot Jake a confused look but he just looks serious not like aggressive or anything. Just like he really wants to talk.

"Yeah," Miles answers and stands up.

Spider and I turn to look at each other.

"Have you met any of the other kids?" I ask.

He looks to the floor.

"Yeah,"

"Have you gone out with them or something?"

"They all have their stupid Ilus and no one wants me around," he says.

Poor Spider.

I talk with him for a little while and tell him that maybe he can hang out with Kiri and my other cousins, his response is that Neteyam still has to keep things slow and Neytiri is always keeping an eye on him, Lo'ak has his own bussiness, Kiri is kind of off some days and Tuk doesn't really care about him.

I'm running out of words so I tell him that I'll go look for Miles. I know, I know. It's a coward thing to do but... I'm not used to him, I don't know what to say. I don't think anything will make a difference really.

I notice him and Jake talking somewhere far from the living are, near the rocks in the shore.

They both have their arms crossed, feet hip width distance apart and they're looking at each other.

No screams, no pointing, they're focused.

I don't want to interrupt any of that either so I just go wander around, I've been dying to add something to my songcord and for it I'll need some of the rope that I've seen made from seaweed.

I go around and enjoy my time finding and then weaving my rope, I'm doing a pattern to add a new shell to my songcord when Miles finds me.

"Hey,"

"Hi," I answer.

"What are you doing there?" He asks going to sit next to me.

"I'm adding this to my songcord," I say showing him my half done job of adding the stone with the rope.