Mother

I didn't think I'll ever miss the complicated entrance to the High Camp but this time I enjoy it.

We land next to Jake's Ikran and Miles helps me get down. My legs feel sore after the long flight and not riding an Ikran for so long.

Next thing I will do after saying hi to my mom will be calling Inet, I hope she's been taking care of herself.

A lot of people gather around us, they recognize Jake and his family, some even recognize me but not Miles or his Ikran.

The people open a space for Tarsem to come forward. We all make a line and make the I see you sign as a form of respect. His eyes go over all of them, a faint smile because Jake and his family are back, he smiles at me and then poses his eyes on Miles.

"Who is this?" He asks.

I'm about to talk but Mile interrupts me.

"I'm Miles Quaritch," Miles speaks.

"He's with us," Jake speaks on his behalf.

"And where do you come from, Miles Quaritch?" he asks him.

Tarsem starts circling Miles, inspecting him. I forgot to tell him to take the vest off but, oh well. 

Miles looks a little unsure on how to answer that.

"You're an avatar," Tarsem speaks before any of us.

"He's-" I try to explain but Tarsem takes Miles's hand and lifts it up for everyone to see.

"Five fingers, like the avatars," He says and everyone gasps.

"I was... created like them but, this is all I am," Miles explains.

Tarsem tilts his head.

"This is his only mind and body," Jake says.

"Where are you from?" Tarsem asks Miles again, he looks him in the eye.

"I came..." Miles looks down and snickers, then looks at Tarsem again. "I came form the wrong star, but believe me, this is all me. I am with you," he says.

"Do you take responsibility for this man, Jake Sully?" Tarsem turns to look at my uncle.

Jake tilts his head and slowly nods.

"I do," 

Miles crosses his arms.

"We'll keep an eye on you, Miles Quaritch," Tarsem tells him. "Welcome home," he then says giving our group a proper welcome.

Miles looks a little confused about what to do now, but I take his hand and start guiding him to where my house was.

"Come on," I urge him.

I think he hasn't even processed what he sees, or the fact that we're very up in the sky. I'll have time to show him around later.

I would run but I don't want to disturb Nakoa.

We walk behind a big column of rocks and I start to walk slower, never suddenly overcoming me.

"What is it?" Miles asks noticing my change.

"What if mom is disappointed in me?" I whisper and wrap my arms around Nakoa protectively.

Miles walks to stand in front of me and gently holds my face with his hand. 

"She's just going to be very happy to see you, my love. Don't worry about the rest," he says.

I take his hand and give it a kiss then interlace our fingers as I take a deep breath and get ready to walk to the tent I used to share with my mom.