----Journey, Miles's POV----

It's my night shift which means Anatuat gets to be with me, right now we're discussing how to talk to Miles or Spider, and how she calls him.

We settle on ambushing him during the morning, it's the only move we got. There isn't too much privacy in this ship and if any of the team sees me talking to the prisoners for too long they would suspect.

Something else I want to discuss with her is how to talk to Sully, how can I let him know about what the people from the sky are planning.

"To you I know it doesn't make sense... buildings, apartments... it's not something from here, but it will to him, I just don't know what he can actually do with that information," I go next to her.

She always looks at the sea.

"I may not be able to imagine what those are..." she says, I sense some irritation in her voice. "but I do know that they are meant to have a lot of people in them and take up space that's not theirs so, I get some of it,"

"I didn't mean it that way, love," I say tilting my head. I didn't mean that she was dumb or something, I just think she can't picture them.

"Whatever" she replies and takes some distance.

"Well, about it, I really don't know what would be best. I can't send him a stack of papers about the plans and space and capacity, is not even important if we're gonna bring it down" I decide to continue talking.

"You could summarize it, you know, just gather the information about where it is and how to enter... how many people are there, that kind of stuff,"

"The messenger is still something we gotta figure out," I look at her from the corner of my eyes and see her lick her lips. 

"We'll figure it out later. For now, let's focus on talking to Spider and making it through the week," She proposes.

"Deal,"

"Deal," 

I stand and pace a little on the platform, Anatuar lets her legs rest and I see her trying to reach the water with her toes.

"Be careful," I warn her.

She scrunched her nose in the way she always does when she thinks that what I'm saying is dumb.

"I'm gonna be fine," she replies.

"If you fall into the water I'll have to jump in and save you," I say as I go take my place beside her.

"I'll save you," she replies. I squint and she copies me, after a while we laugh.

It's nice spending time with her.

"I tried finding you something else to eat, not from a box," I say resting my arm over her shoulder and pulling her close to me. Anatuat rests her head on my shoulder.

"I could only find another box of seeds and some type of cereal that they say is made from dried... grass or something, I don't know. Other than that there's fish and the stuff from boxes" I continue. I really did try, my stupid ass even went to the kitchen to talk to the cooks and see if they would trade anything with me for money, but nothing.

"I miss home," she says moving to rest her head on my lap, I brush some strands of hair out of her face.

"I promise you'll be back soon," I tell her. I'll make sure of it.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," she warns me.

"I'm keeping that one. No matter what happens you'll be back home," I say rubbing her cheek, her eyes shimmering with tears.

"You better be there with me," she says giving my hand a kiss. Oh my beautiful Anatuat...

"That's the plan," I say.