Prisoner

We stay here for most part of the morning, Norm and the others take a look at Neteyam but they say is a good sign that he's awake and coherent.

He hasn't stopped talking to his siblings or his parents. It's a pretty sight. 

We eat breakfast and some kids from the village also come to visit him, when they're talking I take my chance to talk to my uncles.

"Uncles, can I request from you that... you hear Miles or that at least he's released?" I say low enough only for them to hear me.

Jake makes a face and Neytiri crosses her arms.

"I know, I know that while he was a human... he did terrible things but-,"

"He's done terrible things just the way he is now," Jake interrupts me.

"I  know but... some of them, they were just because he could not stop them. If not then we would have been killed," I explain looking down.

"Anatuat, I told you... I would listen to the man, but I can't guaranty that he won't be punished for his crimes," Neytiri tells me. Jake is about to argue but she gives him a stare and he shuts up.

"But I promise, what he did was just because we couldn't be obvious," I say.

Neytiri sighs.

"We'll listen to him and for the moment that's it," she says in a final tone.

I bow my head and get out looking for him.

I know they didn't say they would listen to hi right now, but I want to see him.

I go to the place where he was guarded yesterday but there's no one there. I look around but I can't see anything that seems like a cell or something. I start to panic a little.

"Miles!" I start shouting and running around.

"They locked him for the night," Spider says appearing behind me.

"What?"

"Yeah, the warriors weren't just gonna stand at the beach all night," he says.

"And where is he?"

He guides me somewhere behind the pods on the left, I notice some type of cell made from branches.

"Can I go in?" I ask to a guard standing close.

"Only one, only for a moment," he says.

Spider nods at me to get inside.

"Miles," I call out for him. There's only a torch in here and given that sun's already out this place is a little too warm.

"Hi," he responds. his voice very is very dry. 

He's sitting on the sand, his hands tied behind his back. I notice that he's doing something with them.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I just had to pretend that I'm still tied," he explains.

"Miles!" I say but actually, I'm not even the slightest mad at him.

He frees his hands and gives me a hug. I do too. His skin is too hot.

I press my palm to his forehead and then feel his lips.

"What are you doing?" he asks in a funny tone.

"Checking if you're okay. Did they give you anything to eat or drink? how long have you been in here?" I ask.

"They locked me here yesterday pretty soon after you left, they tied me to the post and left that thing here and, that's about it. You're the first one to see me," he smiles but he licks his lips.