Air view

Miles and I are at the top of the mountain, near where I almost always used to call Inet.

I take a deep breath and call her. Nothing.

I wait, she hasn't heard me in so long maybe she's not used to it anymore or maybe she's far away.

I call her again and examine the sky looking for her, I call once more and I'm about to cry and shout her name when I see a blurry figure coming our way. As it gets closer I notice all the details of my beautiful Inet.

"Inet!" I cry out when she's near, she circles around us a few times before she stops next to me.

I smile brightly and pet her, I look into her eyes and apologize for leaving her alone for so long. I take all of her in, her beautiful blue vibrant color and the hot pink and orange spots that cover her skin.

"I see you," I say as I pet her neck again.

Miles comes forward and Inet roars at him.

"Easy... easy... this is Miles, he is my mate," I explain her and take Miles's hand.

"Don't be rude, pet her," I tell him.

He's careful as he steps close but it's a fear that comes with admiration.

"She's beautiful," he tells me.

"I know," I say crossing my arms.

His Ikran is also waiting for us here.

"Let's go fly!" I say excitedly.

"And where will we go?" he asks.

"Just follow me and try to keep up," I say. He rolls his eyes but smiles and walks to his Ikran.

I make the bond with Inet and we both take a deep breath in.

"I missed you, girl," I say and then get up.

"Right behind you!" Miles teases me.

I smile and order Inet to fly.

She lifts us up in the air and soon she's going at full speed down the mountains.

I let out shouts of happiness and see Miles beside me. His smile mirrors mine.

Inet makes a quick turn and speeds forward, I told her to get us to the forest near the lake where Miles and I once went to.

Miles's Ikran is able to keep up with Inet fairly well.

I remember that I'm wearing the microphone and we can talk so I press down on the buttons.

"I bet you you hadn't seen Pandora like this before," I say.

"Well, I'd seen some of it from a helicopter but... nothing compares to this," he replies.

"I'll show you the lake," I say.

"You miss the water so much?" he teases.

I laugh and order Inet to go faster.

She takes the long way there, we go over many different parts of the forest, all we see is green and I love it. We occasionally cross other species that fly and Miles asks me all their names. I notice that he loves being in the air.

The speed doesn't scare him and I notice him trying to take in every single detail of everything he sees.

We're near the lake now and I take Inet somewhere she can lower down and rest easily.

We find an open space outside the part of the forest near the lake and Miles get down here too.

"We'll be back soon," I tell Inet resting my forehead in hers.

Miles comes to my side and takes my hand.

"I had never seen Pandora like that before," he tells me and I smile.

"We've been here before, the lake is near," I say.

"It looks very different,"

"The creatures, plants, everything... even us look different by night. The bioluminescence is beautiful but I'll show you how beautiful things in the sun are too," I explain and walk deeper inside the forest.

Miles asks me about the plants and about animals he hadn't seen before. Even as a human who had files on us, I imagine that it's hard remembering species that you never see.

I see the water and don't hesitate to throw myself in, I hear Miles call me but it's too late, the water hits my skin.

This is different than the ocean and I realize that I'd missed it.

I come out the surface and see Miles standing on the edge.

"Come on!" I call him. He hesitates only for a moment before throwing himself in.

When he comes out of the water he splashes some water towards my face so I do too and we're soon into a fight.

To play dirty I submerge myself and take some of the mud from the bottom and throw it at his face, he's fast to react but it hits his neck and chest and I laugh.

"You wanted for me to come inside just to get me dirty?" he says chasing after me.

I let him take me in his arms and I laugh. Then my fingers draw in the mod that covers his chest.

"You know... it would be good if you had your ceremony to become one of us," I say.

His brows furrow a little.

"Can we have it tonight?" he asks and I laugh.

"It doesn't really depend on me, and you still have to make a perfect kill, preferably learn how to ride a horse-"

"I know how to ride a horse," he interrupts.

"A direhorse,"

He purses his lips and tilts his head.

"Well then... how long will that take me?" he asks, he lowers down a little and grabs my legs so they wrap around his hips and he walks along the lake.

"It depends... you could be ready tomorrow," I say.

"Well then, let's get those tasks done," he says.

"You need a bow and your knife,"

"You can lend me your bow and I have a knife," he says showing me his massive hunt knife.

"Not that one, a knife made of.. for example river crystal, or black crystal," I say.

"Well... if I can't do the rest, I think this one I can, right?" he asks tilting his head.

I hate him, he looks so good everytime he does that that I want to kiss him and get undressed. But I have to behave and just nod.

We spend some more time around looking for crystal, we get black crystal and I show him how to sharpen it as a knife.

He puts it in the same place as his big hunting knife and promises that later he will give it a proper sheat.

We go back home and look for my mom. She volunteered to take care of Nakoa while we were out.

****NOTE:

Hi! I'm falling asleep but I didn't want to leave you without an update. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a double update. Thanks for reading!