The battle of the halleluyah mountains

My hand itches to go for the microphone and try to talk to Miles but... I won't. There's no use in that.

Why would I give Ardmore another weapon?

"They can't get too close right? Miles alone isn't enough to cover for them," I say approaching Neytiri.

The rest of the warriors are in position, some of them shouting orders, some on top of their Ikrans.

Night is upon us and I worry, this is not how we thought things were going to go like.

"I don't think so, but we should get a little close, just in case they can get through..." she replies.

A woman from another clan walks past us and offers us some war paint. I take the red and white ones and make a quick pattern down my arms and some stripes on my face.

"Has he said anything?" Jake asks coming to our side.

"No... I haven't spoken either," I say.

"It's fine. If she talks... let us know. Let's get close in the meantime," he says.

"They must have another plan," Neytiri says and he nods.

I take out one of my axes and turn it around my palm nervously.

We walk to the top of the rock, and the view of our army gives me some confidence, most of the clans agreed to join us again, of course Jake getting Toruk was helpful.

The noise from the helicopter gets louder.

"Why would there be just one?" I whisper.

Everyone seems on edge.

The helicopter stops near the part where there are more rocks and Ikrans take a rest, not close to our camp but not very far either.

"What are they waiting for?" I mumble.

I get out my second axe.

"Hello, would you like to pay Miles a visit?" I hear through the earpiece.

My heart skips a beat and a cold chill runs down my spine.

"She's here," I say out loud.

"What did she say?" Jake asks.

"If I wanted to pay Miles a visit," my throat feels dry.

He and Neytiri exchange a glance.

"Jake..." Neytiri whispers.

"Don't answer her," he tells me.

He then calls all the clans to keep an eye out and for the ones riding their ikrans to form a circle around the perimeter.

A part of the team was going to go head towards the base but, Jake thinks that something is weird and called off that part of the plan.

"Okay, it is not a question anymore. You and the Sully's come to the ship to pay Miles a visit," she speaks again.

"Miles..." I call for him out of instinct.

Jake turns to look at me.

"She says we have to go to the ship," I say.

Jake furrows his brows.

"What are we missing? what's not right?" he asks to no one in particular.

Neytiri's tail slashes nervously.

"Why send just one?" she says.

Jake shakes his head and slowly walks to the edge to look down.

"We have to be missing something," he says coming back.