Mingyu - Hate

Requested by @charltonlow

Girl i had to read through Wattpad guidelines to make sure i wouldn't be banned but I think it's ok so slay!

TW!!!

This story mentions self hate, online hate and more. This is obviously all false and anything said in this story is fake like all of my other stories. This may trigger negative thoughts in some people so proceed with caution. Also just know that everyone is beautiful in many different ways and that no one is perfect, not even Kpop idols so please if you are ever feeling down, remember that there are many people in this world that love you and that you are adored by many. ILYYY!!!

BTW I LOVE MINGYU AND ONE OF THE REASONS HE'S ONE OF MY BIAS WRECKERS IS BECAUSE HE IS FUCKING HOT AND HAS GREAT INSTA  PHOTOS SO DON'T COME AT ME. LIKE DO U NOT SEE THE COVER PIC?

Anyways

"He's not even hot"

"Gosh even if he flexes, there's nothing for him to flex"

"He's just an embarrassment to Seventeen at this point"

"Shut up, you have no muscles"

Mingyu didn't even feel the tear dropping from his eyes. His mind was focused solely on the glowing screen in front of him as he tried to hide his sniffles from the other members.

He knew that idols were to never read comments, ever, even if they were nice ones but here he was, at 2 in the morning scrolling though his instagram comments. He had just posted another post which consisted of several photos in a cafe where his muscular biceps could clearly be seen and in his opinion, he loved the photos.

However, the 'fans' apparently didn't like them.

"Gosh he is actually ugly, what is he doing in the 3rd photo?"

"BAHAHAHHA AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A VISUAL? HE'S THE ONLY UGLY ONE IN SEVENTEEN!!!"

"EWWWWWW, he is actually so ugly, I wonder why PLEDIS doesn't give him a whole face reconstruction."

Mingyu kept on scrolling down, completely absorbed in the phone screen. Each comment felt like a pang to his heart but he didn't even notice. He didn't notice the fact that he was quiet the whole week, nor did he realise how much the comments were affecting him.

SEVENTEEN did though.

Their usually hyper puppy was not sad and quiet as if it had suddenly grown up 10 years and was on its deathbed. Mingyu, who would normally get out of rehearsal as fast as he could, now slowly trudged out, sometimes staying behind to work on his dancing much to the members confusement.

Why?

Because of the comments. Because of the 'fans'. And last of all, because Mingyu didn't know when to stop.

Reading the comments was like drugs to him. He knew that he wasn't supposed to but he found that he couldn't stop. Every night, he couldn't sleep without opening his phone to check the hate comments circulation on all different platforms of social media. He was addicted. Addicted to the very thing that was tearing him apart.

Mingyu no longer joined his members in their game/drinking nights, instead going to the dance room, studio or gym to improve his overall image so that the fans would like him. He stopped eating food and instead went on a diet to make his muscles more prominent and in the end, even went as far as to ignore the members. Why? Because they "didn't like him".

"Mingyu is actually so fat, no wonder he hogs all the food."

"Seventeen probably hates him, he's just taking up space."

"Why is he even there? It's not like the members like him or anything"

"He should just slit his wrists."

"He should just slit his wrists, He should just slit his wrists, He should just slit his wrists." Those 6 words clouded his mind all day. He never thought about that. Maybe if he punished himself then he would be better. Right? All he was was a nuisance to the group wasn't he so because of that, he had to pay a price...right?

Never in Mingyu's 25 years of life did he ever think that he would resort to self harm one day but here he was, standing in the bathroom with a pair of scissors in his hand. He knew that it was probably not the best device to use but using a knife was something he just didn't want to do.

Scrolling through his phone once more, he looked through the replies on the comment before proceeding.

"OMG SO TRUE! He's just been such an inconvenience."

The blade touched his skin.

"If I was him I would."

He began digging in.

"IF I WAS HIS MOTHER THEN I WOULD DO IT FOR HIM HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Red.

Why was he relieved? This pain was pleasant. He never knew that doing such a thing would give him such pleasure and before he knew it, he was addicted. Addicted to reopening the wound every night and hiding it with his watch the next morning. It was exhilarating, hiding it from his members gave him a strange sense of adrenaline,

And now, he smiled at the hate comments. They were his new source of food. All other things were gone now. He would just say that he ate a lot while he was cooking for the member and go off to his bathroom...to reopen the wound.

Overtime, the 25 year old didn't notice one thing though. His members were getting more and more worried about him and we're now keeping an eye on him. His large huggable body full of muscle was now replaced by skin and bones and his face which was once bright was decorated by horrendous eye bags from all of the nights spent on his phone.

Finally having enough, Wonwoo followed him to the bathroom one night after he refused yet another dinner. Wonwoo was going to convince him no matter what, to come down and eat with the rest of the group.

Barging into the bathroom, Wonwoo was met with a disastrous sight. A sight that broke his heart. A sight that explained everything.

Mingyu leaned over the bathroom sink, a pair of scissors in one hand and a large split of red on his other. His phone lay next to him as he read though the comments and the bathroom sink water slowly turned red with the blood that was seeping out of the wound.

"KIM MINGYU! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"

MIngyu looked up. He didn't know what to do. He was caught in the act. Caught by the very last person he wanted to tell, his best friend.

Time skip;

13 men huddled on the couch. Some stressed, others concerned while one sat in the middle, not doing anything. He just simply stared into space. His phone was confiscated by their leader now and Jeonghan was tending to his wrist. For the first time in 10 years, the dorm that was occupied by the idol group was silent. No one knew what to say. It made sense now, the reason he was drifting away, the reason he was so closed up, the reason he looked like he had just come back from spending a month without food because that was exactly what he had done.

After an agonising 10 minutes of silence, it was finally broken by their one and only leader.

"Ahem, right, so we are taking a break. And we are not going to come back until you are better. We all need this break so don't blame yourself since PLEDIS was considering one anyways. We are all going to help you and no, you don't have to talk about it until you're comfortable, ok?"

"Yes" was all Mingyu could say.

He knew that he had a long road ahead of him but he was now beyond grateful that he had 12 loving brothers to support him on the way. He knew that he may never fully reach the end but in the end, he would be loved and appreciated as he should have been.

I'm about to cry. Anyways, hope you enjoyed that, hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

ALSO IS TRAINEE A NOT FUCKING DEBUTING CUZ LIKE I AM ACTUALLY GONNA SUE, THEY WAITED 6 FUCKING YEARS FOR NOTHING. THEY ARE LITERALLY BETTER THAN SOME ALREADY
DEBUTED IDOLS, WDYM THEY AREN'T DEBUTING!!!??? AHHAHASOUHDJBOASHFUDVB.

1424 words